ad: CQMM-1

RARSFest 2020 Raleigh, NC Cancelled

Discussion in 'Hamfest and Convention Calendar' started by KR2W, Mar 17, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. KR2W

KR2W XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hadn't seen an "official" post here on this so thought I'd pass it along. As one of the few Hamfests in my state that I've never had the opportunity to attend I had made plans to go this year. Looks like I'll have another year to wait. Regrettable but understandable due to the current circumstances. Looking forward to attending next year for sure.

From the website:

Greetings,
    We are sad to announce that the 48th annual RARSfest/Roanoke Division Convention, scheduled for April 11, 2020, has been canceled in accordance with our Local government mandate. The health and wellness of all involved are a priority to Raleigh Amateur Radio Society and, there are no plans to reschedule the event this year. In an attempt to reduce the inconvenience to our loyal attendees all paid pre-registration monies will be refunded. Paypal and Check payments will be returned through the proper channels and cash payment persons will be contacted by RARS. We apologize for inconvenience and look forward in having you join us next year on April 3, 2021.

Your understanding and patience will be greatly appreciated.

Kindest regards,

The 2020 RARSfest Committee, Tara Goodwin, W4TSW, Chairwoman