Rare SW-DX station!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Life' started by KK4NSF, Jul 2, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
  1. KK4NSF

KK4NSF Ham Member QRZ Page

ok all you shortwave listening fans, here is a good DX for you. Voice of Tajikistan at Dushambe-Orzu broadcasting in English! I just picked them up this morning on 13810 khz at 9:24 Central Daylight Time. That's 7445 miles across the Himalayas from me.

Interestingly, the Shortwave.info lists that frequency to be R Free Asia at the same transmitter site but the station ID they broadcast was V of Tajik. According to their announced schedule, they will be back on the air tomorrow on both 7245 and 13810 at 13:00 to 14:00 GMT.

They are hard to pick up though, since the R V of China also uses that frequency... so the signal drifts from English to Chinese , depending on propagation conditions. I had to adjust my notch filters to quiet down the Chinese a bit before I could hear the Tajikis clearly.

Now if I could only find a ham station there!

AA5BK, WZ7U, N8RKD and 5 others like this.
  2. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Nicely done :) Glad to hear of SWL activities like this and to know there's still fun stuff to find "out there in SWL land"

:)

Dave
    W7UUU

3. KK4NSF

Thanks.
    While it's not the "easy pickings" like it was 20 years ago, there are still a lot of rare, and cool stations out there.

AA5BK likes this.
  4. US7IGN

US7IGN Ham Member QRZ Page

I had QSO with EY1HQ, EY7AD, EY7BJ, EY0A and others...

Безымянный.jpg

AA5BK, KC7JNJ and KK4NSF like this.
  5. KK4NSF

Very good! I'd love to make those contacts.... but I'm about twice as far away, and their SSB signals have not found their way to my antenns... at least not yet. :D

BUT if they do, I'm grabbing them!

AA5BK, KC7JNJ and W7UUU like this.
  6. US7IGN

You will do! At least one of them is a legend )

Just google EY8MM )

7. AD5HR

AD5HR Ham Member QRZ Page

I have an EY8MM QSL card for 20 meters.
    If you hear an EZ, that would be great news.

8. US7IGN

As 5P...

AD5HR likes this.
  9. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I think you mean P5.

US7IGN likes this.
  10. KC5NYO

KC5NYO Ham Member QRZ Page

P Funk, ya’ll!!