ad: CQMM-1

Rainy Day POTA activation!!!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KD9LFZ, Jul 21, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. K9GLS

K9GLS Guest

That's the important part was the doing. There will always be a QRZ windbag out there and don't let them ever discourage you.

KS4TD, 2E0TWD and KD9LFZ like this.
  2. WI6NG

WI6NG Ham Member QRZ Page

Super to see young YL's enjoying Ham Radio . . . and POTA no less.
    73's de WI6NG

KD9LFZ likes this.
  3. N6ELF

N6ELF Ham Member QRZ Page

Great job getting out there and bringing that park on the air! Nice job putting together the video and getting that posted to YouTube and starting a channel. Going to share with my son and daughter to try to encourage them to get on the air as well!

Can you tell us a bit about your camera setup? For me, I've found that having a mini tripod to hold the camera or phone is super helpful and costs like $20 for something like a Manfrotto PIXI mini.

KD9LFZ likes this.
  4. KE4YMX

KE4YMX Ham Member QRZ Page

Great video, keep it going. Nice to see such enthusiasm and lots of fun having on POTA. Its contagious :) . congratulations on the contacts, 73

KD9LFZ likes this.
  5. KD9LFZ

KD9LFZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you so much for watching and subscribing, a new video is coming out soon, I hope you like it!

KI5HNX likes this.
  6. KD9LFZ

KD9LFZ Ham Member QRZ Page

In the future I am going to be using a bit more sophisticated setup, but for now I am just using my Samsung A20 phone camera. I hope to make a contact with your kids sometime!

N6ELF likes this.
  7. W3AAX

W3AAX Ham Member QRZ Page

Y'all are too funny :) Thanks for getting out have fun with POTA, even without "papa"... HIHI... Congrats on the new call sign as well. It was good to hear you get a QSO with Judy AA5UZ in Louisiana, as she's quite famous among the POTA circuit, as well as her husband Jon AA5UY. Nice on getting K7SEN in AZ as well... he always gets me on 20m it seems, even all the way to parks in Maryland... Congrats on the dual solo activation! :) I bet you're well on your way to many awards... 73 W3AAX

KD9LFZ and 2E0TWD like this.
  8. N4EYZ

N4EYZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Great video...great activation.....well done! Congratulations!

Y'all are a credit to the hobby.......73 N4EYZ

KD9LFZ and 2E0TWD like this.
  9. IU2KBP

IU2KBP Ham Member QRZ Page

Well done !
    73 !
    IU2KBP
    ITALY

10. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Great video! I have said it before I think Parks On The Air is a great way to attract youth in the hobby, it can be competitive, it involves the outdoors and it can be a relatively inexpensive way (set-up costing less than an iPhone 11). Good ears pulling out the light signals! Future contest ops?

KD9LFZ likes this.
  11. K7RLN

K7RLN Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice job, ladies! If only I could get my daughters involved in ham radio... They think that it's "Dad's thing", and not for them. Maybe I'll show them this video, so they can see how much fun you guys had. Oh well. You've inspired me to go out and do an activation myself.

KD9LFZ likes this.
  12. KA3CNC

KA3CNC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Great video....nice to see 2 sisters having so much fun together and what a great show of enthusiasm...well done young ladies!!

13. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I as a guy who is old enough to be their GRANDPA had really enjoyed the "YL's POTA activation" video, as it PROVES BOTH GENDERS can have fun in our HOBBY @ any age!!! I really loved their "GOOFINESS" just like us "OLD DUFFERS" who when WE were younger, we were and still are GOOFY, TODAY AND WELL INTO THE FUTURE , that's what OUR HOBBY IS ALL ABOUT!!!

FROM A OLD-TIME HFer!!! YLs, NICE JOB!!! :)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    2E0TWD likes this.
  14. K8MRD

K8MRD Ham Member QRZ Page

You make me so proud to be your uncle! Keep being awesome!

KS4TD and 2E0TWD like this.
  15. KG5THG

KG5THG Ham Member QRZ Page

Outstanding! Having fun is what it's all about. Now we just need to get ya'll interested in 6m grid activations. :)