Rag Chewing?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W8IXI, Feb 13, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. K1OIK

K1OIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

We makes the ham who lacks self confidence sound more important.

2. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

3. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

4. NL7W

NL7W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Could be!

5. WU8Y

WU8Y Ham Member QRZ Page

Blocked.

6. N5PAR

N5PAR Ham Member QRZ Page

Is this just on the radio or are you not into small talk in general? My Dad could and would talk about a variety subjects but didn't do the "Hi how are the wife and kids and looks like rain" stuff either. Me, I'll talk to just about anyone about anything.

7. K1OIK

Get a life officer of the Pittsbourg DX Assn.:)

N3AB likes this.
  8. K1OIK

Get a life officer of the Pittsbourg DX Assn.:), could you be any envious of me? You hate me because you are not me.

9. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

If that S-120 on the repair bench turns out to be a dog or basket case, you may eat those words.

10. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

I have had some great conversations especially with dx stations. Australians are usually up for a conversation, they are masters at conversation. I had a memorable discussion about salmon fishing with a German ham, he was familiar with where I lived and some Alaskan rivers we both had fished. I've spoken to a JA station about competitive shooting, cost, the way it's approached in both countries. We've had several conversations over the years on the subject. To me those were rag chews. I've also had some good technical discussion about radio which I consider ragchews. I don't consider simple exchanges or brief reports from special event stations as ragchews.
    When I answer a cq, because I listen I usually know if it's an exchange or a rag chew.