Rag Chewers and Nets clogging up Field Day

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KK4NSF, Jun 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-BCInc
ad: abrind-2
  1. KK4NSF

KK4NSF Ham Member QRZ Page

I was listening to a net yesterday, when an op jumped in and said "You guys need to vacate this frequency on Field Day. We don't need nets or rag chewers clogging up the bands! If I see you, I'm going to stomp all over your little club!"

Then after he left, the NET folks started planning a "counter-stomping tactic" of their own: they are all going to turn their yagis toward him, and use their max limit amps to answer every one of his CQs...constantly.... all at once....all day! Apparently, the offending op picked the wrong net to try to bully!

While I'm not a big NET fan, I'm even less of a fan of bullying.... so if the offending station's QSO count falls to zero, I certainly don't feel sorry for him. While I don't plan to jump into the frikas, I AM going to make some popcorn, and listen to the show!

Remember, nobody owns a frequency.... and if a frequency is in use you have no right to stomp on it, even if it is Field Day. AND if you do deliberately try to stomp on others, keep in mind that they might just turn the tables on you and stomp back. :D:eek:

KB9OFM, KK4GGL and AE8W like this.
  2. WA0YDE

WA0YDE Ham Member QRZ Page

Let the games begin! :D

W2AAT and K0UO like this.
  3. N3HGB

N3HGB Ham Member QRZ Page

Explain to me why hams are superior to CBers and how this isn't a key down contest. Yeah - YOU GUYS are the ones I want for my emcomms :rolleyes:
    That said, when and where is this net? Might be fun to listen to LOL

4. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Sad. On account of both parties.

WA7RAR, N4CKC, WS4JM and 10 others like this.
  5. N1BCG

N1BCG Ham Member QRZ Page

It's first come, first served. That's just how it is since no particular station or group has priority over another on any frequency *unless* the communication pertains to safety.

A station or group can choose to vacate a frequency if asked, politely, but it's not required.

KB9OFM and K0UO like this.
  6. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

And many of these operators are a product of 11 meters. Why would you expect anything less? We keep hearing how "dead" 11 meters has become...guess where many of them migrated.

KA2FIR, AC0OB, AE8W and 1 other person like this.
  7. W2JKT

W2JKT Ham Member QRZ Page

I have doubts...

WG7X, K8BZ, W4NNF and 1 other person like this.
  8. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I doubt the lid who said this cared pea turkey about ARRL Field Day. What he cared about was only...

And it sounds like his mission was completed successfully. :D

[​IMG]

KA2FIR, KC3MKC, K8XG and 1 other person like this.
  9. W2AI

W2AI QRZ Lifetime Member #240 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

11 meter "skip" is alive and well with Sporadic E openings .

KK5JY, K8XG and K0UO like this.
  10. W2AI

W2AI QRZ Lifetime Member #240 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Now if only Princess Clara could do the cooking for me.....

KK9W, K0UO and W4NNF like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.