ad: ProAudio-1

RAF submits restructuring petition to the FCC

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K4VU, Feb 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. AH6GI

AH6GI Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (N8VB @ Feb. 25 2004,01:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">----------------------------------------------------------
    Main Points:

• Reduction of license classes to 2, CLASS A and CLASS B
    • Retention of 5 wpm CW testing for CLASS A
    • No CW testing for CLASS B
    • Restricted HF access for CLASS B, 200 W PEP
    • CLASS B HF access on 17, 15, 12, 10 meters
    • Existing Novice, Tech, Tech+ moved to CLASS B
    • Existing General, Advanced, Extra moved to CLASS A[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Not bad but why not let the "b"s on 40 and 80?

Certain times of the year and sunspot cycle, 40 and 80 are the only bands open.

Also, we stil need an entry license. The league's new Novice would be it.

2. K3DAV

K3DAV Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (NJ1K @ Mar. 06 2004,08:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Tsk,,,,, Tsk,,,,,,, Tsk,,,,,,

I will be the one who decides what I need & what I don't need.....[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Sorry. No offense intended. You were yawning, and I was just looking out for your health. [​IMG]

3. K3DAV

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote (N8VB @ Feb. 25 2004)
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Main Points:

• Reduction of license classes to 2, CLASS A and CLASS B
    • Retention of 5 wpm CW testing for CLASS A
    • No CW testing for CLASS B
    • Restricted HF access for CLASS B, 200 W PEP
    • CLASS B HF access on 17, 15, 12, 10 meters
    • Existing Novice, Tech, Tech+ moved to CLASS B
    Existing General, Advanced, Extra moved to CLASS A
    [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'> Do I hear an Extra promoting giving a free ride for Generals and Advanced to his own class?  No element 4 exam?  That's OK, but grandfathering Techs to General isn't?  OH THAT'S RIGHT.  I forgot. They already know CW, and that makes them smart enough not to have to pass the element 4 exam.  Maybe they should just do away with the element 4 exam.  It doesn't seem to be necessary, as long as you know CW.

What was I thinking?

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I heard the the two new license classes would be CB and CB+ ....

5. N5USN

N5USN Ham Member QRZ Page

Quote:I heard the the two new license classes would be CB and CB+ ....
    -----------------------------------------------------

Do you have it out for ALL radio operators? Or just the ones that don't live on your street and agree with everything you have to spout?

If YOU are what's waiting at the end of the HAM bands, I feel sorry for the future of radio. Yeah, let me upgrade so I can talk to YOU! geesh!

N5USN

...Please delete this post as i am a NO-CODE and can't post properly.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

N5USN,

I would love to chat with you too sir..... Please learn code so you can upgrade and then catch me on HF and we shall have a friendly chat..... Hope to hear you soon OM....

7. K3DAV

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (NJ1K @ Mar. 07 2004,08:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I heard the the two new license classes would be CB and CB+  ....[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    And which one are you?

Probably CB+ because you know CW. Correct?

Then again, you may have a problem with the new CB+ written exam. I hear it deals extensively with constant usage of foul language (Several questions on the "F" word.), lengthly belching, echo and sound effects. Better start studying. For assistance, please tune to 80/75 meters, any evening.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

I don't need an upgrade... Been an extra for 17 years now... How about you?? Are you going to go for your CB+ ticket??

9. K3DAV

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (NJ1K @ Mar. 07 2004,20:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't need an upgrade... Been an extra for 17 years now... How about you??  Are you going to go for your CB+ ticket??[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Nope!

I can't get the Echo and foul language part mastered. [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. KA1OPD

KA1OPD Ham Member QRZ Page

can't see just given the General upgrade make them earn it .As far as code, I feel if you want to be a general or extra you should be able to SEND code. come on with all the new gadgets to read the code you can jump right in If you can send.. Also after Hearing all the crap on the bands carrier chuckers and fighting between (HAMS) makes me wonder why the Hell would you they consider lowering the testing standards.Take away the code and you open Pandora's box..Its hard enough to controll the ying yangs we have now .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.