ad: ProAudio-1

"Radiograms" Yahoo Group reaches 100 members!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KD8LZB, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K2WH

K2WH Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Your bring some valid points. I am going to check on the options for archives.

Bill
    K2WH

2. N1QLN

N1QLN Ham Member QRZ Page

I used to participate in the nts at a local level both as a ORS and as an NCS. I have since stopped participating in the nts for one main reason. It seems like no one in my state of Connecticut does anything on the air training.I know I tried to do that and was stopped as a ncs and as a net manager. All that there are interested in is seeing how much traffic that they can pass and thats all. There is no on the air training for new people coming into the nts system. The only thing I have heard is what is called training tips. BUT! that means somone did somrthing wrong and they are trying to correct the mistake. What is wrong with one night a week just do training. For a system to work there needs to be training, after all the main purpose for the nts is traffic incase there is an emergency and there is no other way to get a message through: ie the phone are down, there is no power and the Internet is down. Remember what amateur radio says "When all else fails there is Amateur Radio"

3. NC4JB

NC4JB Ham Member QRZ Page

I've run into the same problem here, only there isn't really much interest in NTS at all. This is either because there is so little traffic to/from this area, or there is so little traffic because there really isn't much interest. Chicken or the trafficked egg? Is there any way you could run your own NTS training net on a free evening? Surely no one could object to that. What about an Echolink node/net for passing practice traffic?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.