Radioddity QB25 programming

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by KN4JHB, Jan 29, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. KN4JHB

KN4JHB Ham Member QRZ Page

As a humble and cash strapped dude I bought a Radioddity QB25 mobile. Does anyone have a manual for the software or has anyone skull sweated out the meaning and nuances of the channels screen? I have been able to reason out most of the programming software but would love to get an actual programming manual or at least someones homemade notes. Please and Thank you.

2. KA4VVA

KA4VVA Ham Member QRZ Page

KA4VVA here - did you get any help yet? I too cannot read their/understand clearly, their CD or help files. Good Luck! JTD

3. KT1F

KT1F Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry, I can't help but for a moment I thought you were talking about Quick Basic.

4. KA4VVA

KA4VVA Ham Member QRZ Page

Try using an older Computer - I found on their instruction sheet, the USB cable will wok without having to load additional drivers, etc. in WIN98 and WIN7 machines. I used an old WIN98 and the software worked quickly. One other issue- talking between the radio and computer. I disconnected everything coming into the computer on USB or serial ports. I then checked the Systems/ports/drivers and made sure which one was the "USB TO SERIAL CONTROLLER". Then when I ran the QB25 software, I made sure it was using the assigned port the computer had open. It wall worked as needed. I also found one good YouTube where he showed under 'Options" how to make it display 'Channel & Name' instead of just the frequency.
    Just remember every time you change an option, you also need to reload all of your channels to reflect the changes. Drop me a line if you are still having issues, I'll try as best as I can to help:) TomD KA4VVA

5. W6APZ

W6APZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I too would like to find a manual written in English by someone who understands ham radio terms in English. The manual that comes with the radio is obviously written by a non-native English speaker and i find it difficult to understand.

Lacking any documentation on the QB25 Software, a fellow ham suggested that I try Chirp, a free downloadable program to program the channels. I tried that and it seems to work, though I need to get more familiar with the program and how to use it. I'm told that documentation is available, but as the sayings goes: When all else fails, read the manual, which I will do.

I still have a lot of questions about the QB25. For example, while talking to a friend on a repeater, suddenly the radio turned itself OFF, and then ON, but when it came ON, I could no longer transmit. If anyone has figured out that radio, please let me know. de Rich, W6APZ