Radioddity GS-5B: Who Should Consider This HT?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K0LWC, Dec 29, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K5SET

K5SET Ham Member QRZ Page

I see this radio advertised for around $100.00.
    I like my $80.00 Yaesu FT4X better.

2. KA3TJI

KA3TJI Ham Member QRZ Page

Why is everyone so hard on the China man? Cut Mr. Chung some slack. He gives you great radios like the UV-82 that blows away Yeasu's FT3, which is an overpriced piece of "Chinese crap" that has horrible audio. I guess buying a name brand radio is worth several hundred dollars more?

N9RPE likes this.
  3. W2ORD

W2ORD Ham Member QRZ Page

Is the radio capable of transmitting and receiving on appropriate marine frequencies?

4. AA8GK

AA8GK Ham Member QRZ Page

"But, if you act now, you can get 5 of the radios for the price of 1! And, we'll even throw in the Ginsu!"

5. W9EBE

W9EBE Subscriber QRZ Page

"Just pay a separate fee for handling and processing." :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  6. K5GHS

K5GHS Ham Member QRZ Page

A radio with "ditty" in the title and no code key included? Hogwash!

PU2OZT likes this.
  7. KD8VT

KD8VT Lifetime Member #121 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Wonder if it has an FCC ID tag???

8. WI4WD

WI4WD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have several Yaesu HT's. A couple of Kenwood HT''s and three Baofeng's. I Do a lot of offroading in harsh areas and I purchased a GS-5B shortly after it came out and I am very happy with it. I have dropped it in the mud washed it off and it just keeps working. The antenna works better than any I received out of the box from any other manufacturer. The flashlight is silly but at this price I see it as free. Battery life on mine is great and it is nice I can charge it from a mini USB in the Jeep. The Bluetooth programing makes changes on the fly a breeze. I love mine. I use it more than any other HT I have.