Radioddity GS-5B: Who Should Consider This HT?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K0LWC, Dec 29, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N2QGV

N2QGV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Please keep this DMR radio and your hotspot away from C4FM reflectors.....

2. W3ATT

W3ATT Ham Member QRZ Page

And.... you guessed it, an affiliate link in the description below. Too bad we can't see the YouTube description while watching through qrz forum page.

N3FAA and K9GLS like this.
  3. K8HIT

K8HIT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

If you click on the video, we all lose. It encourages the making of more 'content' (substitute your own word).

WB3EYB, N3FAA and KA1SYG like this.
  4. KC1CCG

KC1CCG Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm new on this site....are you guys all dogs? can dogs be licensed?, can cats?

K6MTS, KD5BVX and N4EYZ like this.
  5. K2STP

K2STP Ham Member QRZ Page

No, it is pronounced “Radio-Ditty”

6. F5VHZ

F5VHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

This radio comes from China.
    Avoid it like the plague.

KA2FIR and N6PRX like this.
  7. K9GLS

K9GLS Ham Member QRZ Page

Considering this is just a dual band, analog radio I think you're reflector is safe. For the low IQ crowd it's not DMR.

N1RBD, KD1ELK and N3FAA like this.
  8. N9RPE

N9RPE Ham Member QRZ Page

Some of these Yaesu radios that have come out over the past few years are pieces of junk as well

KA3TJI, KD1ELK, KA2FIR and 3 others like this.
  9. K5RTW

K5RTW Ham Member QRZ Page

I bought one for myself for Christmas. The battery life is a little short but the USB charge is handy. I like the color display. This is a solid feeling radio with good ergonomics. Signal reports are good on our local repeater. The bluetooth programming was challenging but using the keypad was pretty easy. I did not watch this guys video so no opinion there. But, I like the radio and would encourage everyone to form their opinions on their experience rather than just the usual generalizations.

10. KD1ELK

KD1ELK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I do like the fact you used a camera tripod, quality camera, and bright lighting...most you tubers turn off the lights while holding a phone on record in their mouth.

I have to say I also agree with some of those above, pretty light on content. I realize we are all a bit different in what we like, but shouldn't any video on a radio include testing the radios performance? BT is cool and all, but does little good if the battery lasts 3 hours max and it has a worse front end that a Baofeng. Or maybe title the video as an unboxing type deal.