Radioddity GD-77 DMR dual band HT

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by AC9HP, Jul 28, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
  1. W6TUX

W6TUX Ham Member QRZ Page

Ordered ours via Amazon, arrived yesterday, kept it on the charger dock over-night, updated programming software to V1.1.6 then updated Firmware to V2.6.3 via provided USB cable with no problems noted.

Boy do I ever have a *LOT* to learn about DRM though! ;)

2. VE3TMT

VE3TMT Ham Member QRZ Page

Takes a bit but its a lot of fun.

3. IW2BSF

IW2BSF Ham Member QRZ Page

yes i heard 2 collegue via dmr repeater and havevery good modulation...

here in italy some ham radio have this radio and say its very very good !

4. KJ4WMQ

KJ4WMQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Does this radio support roaming? and how do you make roaming work if it does? very new to DMR. just ordered one of these of amazon

5. IW2BSF

roaming in this radio ? an illusion.... probably is NOT possibile to have the all data for the WW

ham-radio in the world like the TYT md-380 or Retevis RT-3 with the MD380Tools !

is a "base" radio dmr ! 73

6. KI8A

KI8A XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Has anybody experienced something like this?
    My problem is when time slot 2 is picked it receives and transmits on time slot 1. Other DMR radios here me fine on time slot 1 but hear nothing from me on time slot 2. I cannot hear them on either when they are on time slot 2.
    My firmware is V2.06.03
    Everything else seems to work as designed. Love the radio, just wish I could get it to work on TS II

7. SV2EVS

SV2EVS Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi everyone. Getting this radio tommorow morning...I sure need to learn more about DMR, but i hope it will not need an expert to program this radio for analog and digital communications. I will come back with more details and probably some questions soon...

8. IW2BSF

hi. i see a very nice radio (and is possibile in very esay mode to have the all ww database ham radio on the display like the tyt md-380 ! ) the cost is a little high ... the AnyTone AT-D868 , nice ! :)

9. SV2EVS

SV2EVS Ham Member QRZ Page

I got the radio to work with some great help from someone who already is in DMR longer than i am...Just a quick question: Does the sms option work only with the same model or do i have to change some settings to work with hytera for example ?