ad: Mountaingoat-1

RADIOBERRY - HF SDR TRANSCEIVER PI HAT

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by M0DQW, Jul 29, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. N1WHO

N1WHO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

This looks like a fun project and I’ve got a spare pi 4 sitting around. :)

2. K3RW

K3RW Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm wondering, how would you use a microphone with it?

Run it through the RPi4 via either a GPIO or USB microphobe with PTT?

Looks from at least the Amazon description that its for the RPi4.

3. KN4ODM

KN4ODM Ham Member QRZ Page

I am using it like in the TechMinds video in the first post. The board has to be connected to a raspberry pi. I have a pi4. Once you install the software and reboot the pi, think of it as a radio "Server" you can connect to with a PC running SDR console. I installed the SDR program on the PI but have not got this to work yet. I have only done listening but SDR console supports TX it would use the microphone selected on your PC. This board as it is puts out very little power you need a pre-amp board to be able to drive a larger amplifier.

K3RW likes this.
  4. K3RW

K3RW Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for that. 100mW is more than sufficient drive for some of my transverters. I may do this as an experiment.

5. KN4ODM

KN4ODM Ham Member QRZ Page

I was able to get pihpsdr to run on the RP4 that is connected to the Radioberry. Seems the issue was I needed to select "No Controller" on the pull down before starting once the board was detected.

6. UT4NJ

UT4NJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi all, where can I buy RADIOBERRY ?
    Thank you!

7. WA4KFZ

WA4KFZ Ham Member QRZ Page

In reading the two reviews on Amazon.com for this board, it looks like the assembly house doesn't do a great job with regards to soldering. This is the same assembly house that made my NanoVNA SAA2N that failed after a few uses. This company is listed on the "unauthorized" list for the NanoVNA 2 products.
    https://nanorfe.com/nanovna-v2.html

Unless you're comfortable doing your own SMT work, I'd advise caution.

8. KK4NSF

KK4NSF Ham Member QRZ Page

that's my question too. The only place I've been able to find them here in the US is on Amazon.... shipped from Chna. Since I don't do business with Amazon, and really don't care to deal with a Chinese vendor, it would be good to find a dealer for them here in the US. They ARE in stock at two UK companies.... but that's not my first choice either. SO.... until somebody in the US (with a good reputation) has them in stock, I don't guess I'll be buying one.

9. K4HYJ

K4HYJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Bought one on Amazon for $186. It was dead right out of the box.

Returning it.