Radio Shack is Back?

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by W4KJG, Nov 28, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. KG5KOG

KG5KOG Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, very sad... At this point it does not remember what it use to be like.

K6FNI likes this.
  2. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

yeah, me too! tried to buy soundcard adapter stuff at my local RS, but wow, no stock and too much.

I hope they'll come back, need a source for various audio adapters, parts bin, etc.

regardless the Arduino stuff and RPi stuff rocks. too bad it is 2x or 3x realistic cost, but gotta keep the locals in business.

KK5R likes this.
  3. KK5R

KK5R Ham Member QRZ Page

If you like Aduino and Jingle Bells kits, then you might find what you want.

4. KK5R

KK5R Ham Member QRZ Page

Locals make up the price on the fly, sometimes. Makes 'em look good at the end of the day. I believe their day will end sooner than they think. Too bad, too.

5. KK5R

KK5R Ham Member QRZ Page

Your store has that? My local store used to have it but when it was sold, it was not reordered.

6. K1FBI

K1FBI Ham Member QRZ Page

Parts draws are loaded, a very large soldering section, build your own project kits are back, there are even books on electronics. The local RS in Derby, CT is back with a vengeance. RadioShack; no more TelephoneShack!!

7. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Was it even usable? I haven't seen usable coax in a Radio Shack round here in over a decade. The recent stuff was all their brand RG-58 which I wouldn't use for QRP on 160m unless nothing else was available.

8. KK5R

KK5R Ham Member QRZ Page

9. K1FBI

K1FBI Ham Member QRZ Page

OK spoke too soon. Went in this morning and bare walls. Was told they were closing next week for good. This is crazy...

10. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Wondering when they are going to put "Time of death" on the certificate....