Radio Shack is Back?

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by W4KJG, Nov 28, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-2
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

My local store does - but maybe it's not that way in all of the remaining stores....

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN likes this.
  2. WC3T

WC3T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The one near my home QTH and at work still has parts drawers.

3. KG5KOG

KG5KOG Ham Member QRZ Page

I think it is a long way from what it carried for DIY in 60/70s.
    Tend to think that kids are no longer interested in DIY.
    its all about FB, Twitter, etc....

I had look at the part drawer in the one here.
    Just didn't seem to have the items I remember (not so much part number).
    don't remember what I was looking for, but at one time they did have it.

4. K5GHS

K5GHS Ham Member QRZ Page

From what I've been told, the one we have left around here still has the drawer, but it doesn't look like they are restocking it. Things in it were 50% off too.

Then they will probably sell the part drawer itself for 50% off to someone and that will be it.

5. KG5KOG

KG5KOG Ham Member QRZ Page

What I have been wondering is if the 'requirement' to have your name and address for the sale had caused a drop in their sales.

I have always refused to give it, except the time I used a CC... Was told I had to as it was company policy. I should have still refused.

One person sometime back was saying that the salesperson said they had to have to turn in the warranty for TV he had just bought.
    I know that is a bogus there.

Reason I am bringing this up, is I have to go there pretty quick and buy some ferrite chokes.
    The cash amount does sorta warrant the use of a CC, or I could go get the cash, which is a tad more time/trouble.
    I just have no desire to receive advertisements from them when I will never buy anything from them but small quantities of DIY parts.

6. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Radio Shack has a new strategy?
    How about THIS one....offering customers what they want. Gee, what a concept.

KM4FLJ, N5XMV and N2UHC like this.
  7. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Gee....it looks like Radio Shack's new strategy is teaming up with a phone carrier!

As Dr. Phil would say...."How's that working for you?"

Nothing to see here folks. Stick a fork in it.

N2UHC, KD8DEY and KM4BLG like this.
  8. W5KV

W5KV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

They simply need to rename RadioShack to Sprint Wireless Store because that's about all they carry these days. I have a hard time finding stuff @ Fry's & Altex anymore! I hate having to wait a week or two for an adaptor in the mail, but have no choice.

KK5R and WC3T like this.
  9. W7CJD

W7CJD Ham Member QRZ Page

"Kids" are interested in how things go together.

adafruit.com

N4AAB likes this.
  10. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I haven't been to the one remaining one here in a while. Last time I was there, there were all different people working there, and all the kinds of things I buy were not being restocked. They were stocking up on all kinds of glitzy junk I wouldn't want.