Radio Row

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by WA4ILH, Apr 4, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. W0VRA

W0VRA Ham Member QRZ Page

Haha, yeah, they declared bankruptcy back in the day and the creditors who got nothing were the customers that had paid for orders. (Maybe, seems like I read it on the early internet.)

2. K4KYV

K4KYV Subscriber QRZ Page

And everyone wore a hat.

3. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yup, Remember the lake Forest fountain at the entrance to lake Forest. It was just next to the I5 freeway. People would put soap suds in it.

This was before and when the big lake was being built. I was in 7th or 8th grade and we would go to the school dances at the rec center and learned how to sail on the small lake in the summer time.

Great memories of being young and growing up in Capistrano Highlands the first housing tract now known as Laguna Hills. Back then as far as you could se was only fields all the way to the ocean, with cows grazing. How things change.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    KA0USE likes this.
  4. KA0USE

KA0USE Ham Member QRZ Page

i love childhood stories!!

N6QIC likes this.
  5. KA0USE

KA0USE Ham Member QRZ Page

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JC_Whitney

W0VRA likes this.
  6. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

They are still in operation today as far as I can tell. The Wikipedia piece mentions they were purchased..nothing about bankruptcy. They may have been on th verge of bankruptcy when they were purchased.
    They have expanded their catalog to Motorcycle Parts in addition to cars and trucks, foreign and domestic.

7. KA0GKT

KA0GKT Ham Member QRZ Page