RADAR

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by M0XRZ, Jan 13, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
  1. M0XRZ

M0XRZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I think this is an American TV history channel production. I watched it on You Tube . I am not quite sure which Threads I should put it under. It goes back to world war two, and is about Radar. I don't know why the American didn't join the war earlier. They say president Franklin D. Roosevelt just went to bed and did nothing. Roosevelt also called Church Hill a drunk. However Britain tried hard to involve America into the second world war, even reverting to Black Proper gander. Even after the attack on pearl harbour, I think America would have only fought a pacific war and not included in the European war. Luckily Hitler declared war on America, and thus brought the US into the theatre of war in Europe.
    I look up to the amateur radio operators after the second world war. They are truly the innovators of our hobby.
    If you haven't seen this documentary you should.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    QUOTE : - "The most expensive thing in life is experience". M0XRZ May 2012.......

N2SUB and WZ7U like this.
  2. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

The history of combat radar is indeed interesting... almost as interesting as the events surrounding it during the war.

N6QIC likes this.
  3. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Great documentary video, I enjoyed it.
    Thanks for sharing,

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  4. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

Oh, great--just as I was going to get some work done I saw this thread and when I found out it was linked to Modern Marvels, I was instantly sucked in.

Thanks for the link...I think.

K9ASE and N6QIC like this.
  5. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh, and here I thought this was a thread about the fictional character Walter “Radar” O’Reilly.

K9ASE and N6QIC like this.
  6. KK5JY

You should start one. I'm sure "all personnel" will enjoy it.

7. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Nah.

Granted, the actor, Gary Burghoff, was a ham. But the theatrical kind, not the Amateur Radio kind.

K9ASE likes this.
  8. KB4QAA

KB4QAA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This BBC series The Secret War: To See For A Hundred Miles, from the late 1970's includes interviews and demonstrations by some of inventors and original equipment. Outstanding episode.

p.s. KL7AJ Alert: Lecher Wire demonstration at 21:28

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    KD2ACO likes this.
  9. WW2E

WW2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Can't you even spell his name correctly?

[​IMG]

Instead of the drivel you posted, how about: "Thank you for saving us in TWO major wars. We were the beneficiaries of American strength and bravery."

K3XR and N6QIC like this.
  10. KK5JY

Ah, the joys of the transatlantic brotherhood...