Racial Words

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KC3EPA, Oct 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. KB9BVN

KB9BVN Ham Member QRZ Page

QUADTRIPLICATE....12 copies....press hard

WZ7U likes this.
  2. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I saw a similar form back when the Army experimented with Time Out cards for trainees. They were chaplains office forms and very funny content but not appropriate for this forum. I remember the reaction of several old time retired first sergeants regarding the Time Out card, and how they would deal with a trainee who asked for a time out. Also not suitable for this forum but very funny and probably true too.

W4ZD likes this.
  3. K3KIC

K3KIC Ham Member QRZ Page

Since your personal info is public once you use your call sign (as you should) then poking the bear has little upside and much potential downside.

4. K4KYV

K4KYV Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

5. KB9BVN

KB9BVN Ham Member QRZ Page

True...I had a Zedder call me up at 7AM one morning to just cuss me out and hang up.

6. K8MHZ

K8MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

7AM? That is just criminal!!!!

Obviously, I am not a morning person!!

WZ7U likes this.
  7. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

If it was told by a senior Sgt or old salt Navy Chief then it was likely true. Both pretty much ruled the roost with the blessing of senior officers.

Carl

W4ZD and KA4DPO like this.
  8. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Absolutely, and they made no bones about how they felt toward this stupid policy. One old guy that I worked with was a retired Marine Corps first sergeant, he was a PFC in the Korean war. He explained that if a Marine ever asked him for a time out, he would have employed the size twelve boot insertion method for dealing with weak units.:eek: He was not kidding either.:)

KM1H and W4ZD like this.
  9. W4ZD

W4ZD Ham Member QRZ Page

Back when men were men...

Sergeant Major Daniel Joseph "Dan" Daly (November 11, 1873 – April 27, 1937) was an American United States Marine and one of only nineteen men (including seven Marines) to have received the Medal of Honor twice. All Marine double recipients except Daly and Major General Smedley Butler received both Medals of Honor for the same action.

Daly is said to have yelled, "Come on, you sons of bitches, do you want to live forever?" to the men in his company prior to charging the Germans during the Battle of Belleau Wood in World War I.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Daly

KM1H, KA4DPO and AD5HR like this.
  10. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

And God forbid if you ever got on the bad side of a USA or USMC Command Master Sgt, a USN E9 Master Chief or any of the Chief Warrant Officers of any service.

Navy Master Chief Petty Officer Pay Calculator. Starting pay for a Master Chief Petty Officer is $5,052.60 per month, with raises for experience resulting in a maximum base pay of $7,844.70 per month.
    This is the same for all E9's including USCG.

Not a bad deal and is recession proof or from company takeovers; some stay in for 30+ years and retire well.

Carl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.