Wanted R7 Vertical

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by AD5A, Oct 28, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. W5CGV

W5CGV Ham Member QRZ Page

Mornin' Mike,

Based on recent experience, your ISP believes my email to you contains SPAM and doesn't send it on to you.

I'm going to take a "bag full" of the smaller (less than 2' long) R7 pieces to the packing and shipping store so they can take a look at what's required of them. I'll also describe the longer mast and counterpoise pieces. Once they're fully briefed, I'll email you here and let you know what they had to say.

Best 73s,

Walt, W5CGV

2. AD5A

AD5A Ham Member QRZ Page

Walt,

FB, I'll QRX and await further direction.........73, Mike AD5A

3. W5CGV

Mornin' Mike,

I have no idea how the double post above came about!

I took a bag of "parts" (mostly resonators) to the packing and shipping store this morning and described what "pieces" remained for shipment. I was assured they can do the job, so I came back home to retrieve the mast pieces from the attic and will return to the store after posting this.

The name of the outfit is "Mail Bag Express" and their phone number is 985-725-0047. They are willing to accept your credit/debit card number over the phone and can give you an estimate before they actually pack for shipment.

I'm giving them your address as it appears on QRZ. If you need to change the ship to address then please advise them when you call. If you need me for any reason, my phone is 985-725-1955.

Best 73s,

Walt

4. W5CGV

Mike -

Confirming that all of the "parts and pieces" required to assemble an R7 have been delivered to Mail Box Express. Additionally, I know I have the R7 assembly instructions somewhere in my files and will mail it to you ASAP.

Regards,

Walt, W5CGV

5. AD5A

AD5A Ham Member QRZ Page

Walt,
    I just saw the email. I will call them tomorrow. Thanks. I will confirm with you after I call them.

Mike AD5A

6. W5CGV

Mike,

Glad you saw my latest posts because I have no other means of communicating with you. I was getting worried.

If you run into any problems at all with Mail Box Express, please call me immediately. I'm only a couple of blocks away and can re-visit with them at a moment's notice.

Best 73s,

Walt, W5CGV

7. AD5A

AD5A Ham Member QRZ Page

Walt,

I talked to them Saturday, so the antenna should be on it's way. I will let you know when I receive it.

Mike AD5A

8. W5CGV

Mike,

I received a phone call yesterday (Tuesday the 17th) from Mail Bag Express saying they just discovered two (2) "parts" that somehow didn't get shipped to you. They asked for your phone number (which I don't have) in order to get your credit card number again so they could pack and ship the two "parts." I told them in no uncertain terms that it was their mistake and I felt they should pay for the shipping. They refused without so much as an "I'm sorry," so I picked up the "parts" (matching network and a zip lock bag of miscellaneous small parts) and will take to the post office this afternoon.

I will be submitting a complaint to both UPS and the Better Business Bureau for their poor customer service. The loss of my business will far outweigh the cost of them shipping a relatively small box.

If I had your phone number, I would have called you to let you know what happened.

73s, Walt
    W5CGV

9. AD5A

AD5A Ham Member QRZ Page

Walt,

Thanks for intervening, but you shouldn't be out any money for this. Try to email me at mike(dot)crownover(at)gmail(dot)com. I will send a contribution to your coffee fund for all the work you have put into this. I haven't had time to open the box and try to put the antenna together, but will during the Thanksgiving Holidays.

Mike AD5A

10. W5CGV

Mike,

Thanks for your prompt acknowledgment.

I packed the two "parts" in a medium, flat rate, priority mail box and just returned from the post office. The USPS tracking number is 9505 5130 1761 5322 0300 48.

Your offer of a donation is appreciated but not necessary. I'm just glad you hadn't started assembling the R7 and discovered you were missing a couple of rather important items!!

Since you paid for the shipping, you may want to complain to UPS regarding the poor service by Mail Bag Express, and this is entirely up to you.

I'll give the email address above a try and see what happens.

73s,

Walt

11. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.