ad: M2Ant-1

Wanted R7 Vertical

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by AD5A, Oct 28, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. AD5A

AD5A Ham Member QRZ Page

Want clean R7 antenna in excellent shape. Thanks, Mike AD5A

2. W5CGV

W5CGV Ham Member QRZ Page

I have an R7 that's disassembled in my attic. You're welcome to it at no charge. I'm not sure it's shippable via UPS.

Walt, W5CGV
    gibber985@cox.net

AE4LH likes this.
  3. AD5A

AD5A Ham Member QRZ Page

Walt,
    Thanks so much. Assuming the antenna is complete and was working when you took it apart, I would love to have it, but happy to pay something for it and of course I would also pay for shipping if you can get it to a reasonable size package. Please let me know what you are willing to do.

Thanks and 73,

Mike AD5A

4. W5CGV

Mike -

Email response to your personal email was kicked back as containing spam - which of course it didn't. Also, my response via QRZ email doesn't appear here - possibly my mistake. In short, you haven't received two of my responses through no fault of your own!!

The R7 was operational when taken down. I believe all of the parts are with it in my attic, and I will advise if this is not the case. As for shipping, I'll have to measure the longest section and check with UPS/FedEx Ground.

My schedule is pretty full today, so please don't expect a response prior to either late this evening or sometime tomorrow.

73s,

Walt, W5CGV

5. AD5A

AD5A Ham Member QRZ Page

Walt,

Thanks, I am a patient guy and I really appreciate your efforts. Get to it when you can.

Mike AD5A

6. W5TWT

W5TWT Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow, that really is nice of you Walt. I dont want to get in the middle of an ongoing transaction but if the deal doesnt work out, I would be very interested. I need parts to fix my R7. I need the black box and a few other parts...

Roland W5TWT

7. W5CGV

Mike,

Sorry for the delay, but due to my wife's medical needs and the poor weather (have to move our cars outside in order to access the pull-down ladder to the attic), I'm running well behind what I originally anticipated. All I can say with certainty is that I will attend to the R7 as soon as practical.

Roland,

I currently have no reason to believe this isn't going to work out for Mike; however, if it doesn't, I prefer to keep the R7 intact rather than part it out.

Best 73s,

Walt, W5CGV

8. AD5A

AD5A Ham Member QRZ Page

Walt,
    No worries, family first. Thanks.

Mike AD5A

9. W5CGV

Mike -

The rains finally stopped and I was able to move cars and access my attic.

The good news is that the longest section of mast is 64" and falls well within UPS specs. And, all of the parts are present. Worst case is the remote possibility that one or more of the adjustable clamps (very common in most hardware stores) got away in the process of breaking the R7 apart and putting it in the attic. Can't tell with 100% certainty without spreading the whole works out on the floor!!

The semi-bad news is that packing and shipping this rather large conglomeration of parts and pieces requires more time and effort than I'm willing to devote. As far as taking everything to a UPS or independent packing and shipping store is concerned, I believe that would be asking for trouble - not to mention expense.

Sorry, Mike, I had forgotten just how many varied "pieces" the R7 breaks down to.

I noticed on QRZ your QTH is Boerne. My no-good brother (said with affection) lived in Boerne for years prior to retiring from SWRI. He now lives in downtown San Antonio. I've driven to Boerne many times over the years and found the trip time to be between 8 and 9 hours at legal speeds. He used to drive over to my home (Destrehan, LA) for Christmas, but stopped doing so several years back.

Anyway, Mike, if you're inclined to drive over to Destrehan, I'll be happy for you to take the R7 and enjoy whatever life it has remaining. Alternatively, if you want me to take all the "pieces" to an independent packing and shipping store that's up the street a couple of blocks, I'm willing to do this on a conditional basis. The conditions being that you give the store a credit/debit card number and release me of any liability for the safe arrival of the R7's parts and pieces at your home.

Best 73s,

Walt, W5CGV

10. AD5A

AD5A Ham Member QRZ Page

Walt,

I am happy to accept your conditions. Email me at my QRZ.com address and we can work out timing. You are helping me out so you are not liable for anything. In my world good deeds do not get punished. Of course, whatever time table works for you, will likely work for me.

Mike AD5A

11. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.