Quick Contesting Question

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by AE0S, Apr 16, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. K1OIK

K1OIK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Good point. I better mind my Ps and Qs.

I am discussing, not arguing.

On the air I speak English, you will rarely hear me say QTH, QSL, HI HI, the word "here" when referring to anything at my location, handle

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  2. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

To answer the OPs question, and to cut through the mountain of stupidity that this thread has devolved into (like much on this forum), simply inquire what info they seek and you shall complete your QSO. Quite often during weekends where there are multiple state QSO parties, you may run into a situation where one state party has slightly different rules than another. Often the variation will involve serial number, state, or county name.

One of the biggest contesting "mixes" that I have encountered is the third weekend of March - the Russia DX contest and the Virginia QSO party overlap. RDXC is a serial number contest while the VaQP is a state/county contest. I've had many an occasion where I would send "59 756 in Fairfax County" to cover two contests in one exchange. "59 756" fulfills the exchange for RDXC purposes and "756 in Fairfax" kind of fulfills the requirements for the VaQP. VaQP does not say it requires a sequential serial number starting with 001, so I believe the organizers are being cognizant of the overlap in events...

AE1P likes this.