Questions on Narda rf transfer switch

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by N0CTL, Apr 15, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N0CTL

N0CTL Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey Rege, you have another link for that file, that link doesn't seem to work.

2. N0CTL

N0CTL Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, most of the stuff I would use this for would be QRP related, or maybe with one of my SDR receivers to switch amps in/out. If you look at the last page of the PDF though, it looks like from UHF to HF frequencies, it could do 200w all day. Pretty cool.

Your in Winnetka, ca so I'm sure you've been to the TRW swap. It's been about 6 months or more since I've last been, but I sure love to go.

https://nardamiteq.com/product-spec/230-CustomSwitchIntro.pdf

3. AI3V

AI3V Ham Member QRZ Page

4. WB5WPA

WB5WPA Ham Member QRZ Page

Yup - couple hundred Watts -

Narda_transferSwitch.jpg

5. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I sure miss the TRW swapmeets....one of my first activities as a new ham in 6-land.

6. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, I've been to "TRW" swap meet many, many times -- used to "sell" there quite a lot back in the late 80s through late 90s. Haven't sold there in several years now.

One of the last times I had "tables" there to sell was in maybe '99 or '00 and about 7 AM spotted a familiar figure walking the meet: Joe Walsh, WB6ACU. Bob Heil K9EID was also there, and Joe was looking for Bob.

I called out "Joe!" and he came over to my setup and bought some stuff. Always with a smile and a "How ya doin"?" Cool guy.

N0CTL likes this.
  7. KB9DT

KB9DT Ham Member QRZ Page

I worked at a TV transmitter plant that used 4 port switches to select the transmitters to the antenna and the antenna configuration main, aux or dummy load. Had 12 of them all with 3 1/8" hard line.

This switch type with SMA connectors was also used in Nurad 2 GHz ENG antennas to switch polarization ( H, V, CW, CCW). A near by lightening strike would short steering diodes and the switch would run like a motor for a little while before burning up.

N0CTL likes this.
  8. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Get your motor runnin'
    Head out on the highway...
    Lookin' for adventure
    And whatever comes our way...

N0CTL likes this.
  9. N5AL

N5AL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page