ad: DNyberg-1

Questions (multiple-choice)

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by CT7AJC, Oct 12, 2017.

ad: l-rl
  1. CT7AJC

CT7AJC Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello all,

I have some doubts in the following multiple-choice quesitons. Can you please help me to get the correct answer?

Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. SM0AOM

SM0AOM Ham Member QRZ Page

Having also a teaching and instructor background, I strongly encourage students to do their own homework.

It is counterproductive to give out just the correct answers.

What are your problems with the questions?

73/
    Karl-Arne
    SM0AOM

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    AG6QR likes this.
  3. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

I believe I can answer all but one correctly, not sure what a "Mesh" is , exactly , but it may mean network of componants. The translation to English is a bit foggy.

4. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

I substituted "network" and it seemed to make sense.

Use "matching" for "adaptation" and it makes even more sense.

5. CT7AJC

Hi Karl,

Thanks for the reply.
    Indeed I have done my own study but I don't have sure about the answers for the questions I attached in my first post.

For the RC active oscillator question: I'd pick c) as there's a limit on the highest frequency (bandwidth) and fasted edge your op amp can process.
    For the circuit shown: I'd pick c) because of the arrangement of the opamp with the diodes in the feedback loop.
    For the frequency modulation: I'd pick c) because there will be a frequency shift from the carrier due to the modulating signal (message).
    For the class C amplifier: I'd pick d) as the VCO and PLL need to make part of the circuit.
    For the half wave dipole: I'd pick a) as shortening the antenna will make it ressonant at a higher frequency.
    For the RMS question: I'd pick d) because a square wave has harmonics at odd multiples of the fundamental frequency, thus we need 100MHz bandwidth.

Am I thinking correctly?

Thanks again

6. CT7AJC

Thank you for correcting the terms. Make much more sense!

7. CT7AJC

Question updated

Attached Files:

8. SM0AOM

SM0AOM Ham Member QRZ Page

73/
    Karl-Arne
    SM0AOM

9. CT7AJC

Many many thanks for the detailed reply SM0AOM! You explained in a quick and pratical way!
    I attach in the original language (portuguese) the question regarding the definition of frequency modulation.

Even in my native language, I think that this question is not well formulated...

10. CT7AJC

File attached

Attached Files: