ad: Alphaant-1

questionable sales

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by AI6XK, Aug 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. AI6XK

AI6XK Ham Member QRZ Page

If you have items listed for sale, even if they are marked new, but obviously used, and you are selling the item for just a few dollars less than what they sell for at HRO or GigaParts, don't be very surprised if nobody wants to buy your equipment!!! :)

K1OIK and KD8DEY like this.
  2. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Sort of a "common sense" report - but thank you!! :)

So noted :)

ALWAYS: BUYER BEWARE

Dave
    W7UUU

3. AI6XK

yeah - buyer beware certainly --- I am just noticing a lot of stuff being listed after the price has gone down over $100 - and they are now selling a used item for $150 more than it can be bought new online or in a store

4. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Well, NOT on QRZ Swapmeet... that's somewhere else you're seeing it but not here

To sell here sellers MUST be "ID Verified" which is a bit involved

Dave
    W7UUU

5. AI6XK

i don't want to mention names, but I currently see a radio selling for 8$ less than what price i can buy it at HRO or gigaparts--- it includes an antenna, but that is also used, I would assume :)

6. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

So ... if you don't think it's a good deal, then don't buy it. Simple.

You're not responsible for what someone else may be willing to buy.

7. AI6XK

Certainly true - but I am lazy and since prices are not listed , except in the full ad, I'd rather not spend the time looking on a listing that has a silly price! :)

8. N3AB

N3AB Subscriber QRZ Page

But what if the item was "gently used", "lightly used", or "well cared for"?

That should count for something. For me it means "walk away".

KA2FIR, KB2SUJ and N1VAU like this.
  9. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Let's see looks like it only took about 15 days to start another thread on a subject covered many times here on the Zed.
    The good news is I can use my post from July 31 and don't need to type a new one...

You can kick this dead horse all you want the answer is the same as it's always been. We don't get to tell a seller what price to ask for his equipment and we don't get to tell a buyer what price to pay. If the gear is priced too high it likely will not sell. If it does sell the buyer and seller apparently came to an agreement on a price, asking or otherwise. It's up to the buyer to do their homework when it comes to pricing on the gear they are looking to purchase.
    The thread on July 31 was
    "Equipment - New vs Used Pricing"

Dead horses do have a way of showing up again just tend to smell a little stronger.

10. AI6XK

Well then since time is precious, then why not start posting the PRICE in the little preview???????? then i would not have to bother with the whole ad? And you wouldn't have to see me bitching about this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PS --- Dead horses that are left unburied tend to make bigger and bigger stinks, until somebody BURIES them!!!!!!!!!!!!

KA2FIR likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.