ad: portazero-1

Question re: Indianapolis Hamfest Regarding Masks

Discussion in 'Hamfest and Convention Calendar' started by WF9Q, Jul 5, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Just called and all I got is a recorded message that was just as vague as the website. If they call back I will post the response.

2. N8VD

N8VD Ham Member QRZ Page

Are you sure your wife even wants to go to the hamfest?

Or just leave her in the car, without a mask, problem solved.

3. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

I will share your comment and your callsign with her, it will be an interesting response.

4. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Its been almost 22 hours since leaving a voice mail on the number provided on the indy hamfest website. Clearly shows they are not responding to requests.

5. KE9U

KE9U XML Subscriber QRZ Page

If you look up the info for the Marion County Fairgrounds, they're the ones who control it. The present CDC and Indiana Health Department are only suggesting that masks be worn. They're not enforcing it and they can't require proof of vaccination, lawyers are already on that one. On the CDC site as well as the others I mentioned, public transportation, hospitals can mandate and enforce the mask rule. Since most of this is outside, They're not going to enforce a mask rule. Indiana State Fair no mask mandate. Their probably not responding as there's really no need to. Putting that disclaimer on their web page really just covers their arsses .... Hope this helps, it's not been that hard. Just look around, very few are wearing masks at this time. Use your own judgements, have fun if you go.

6. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Is there going to be a Webcam Broadcast to watch ?

That would work for me.

7. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Cool, UNBOXING of merchandise going on top of the tables.

K0UO likes this.
  8. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you very much for assisting in this issue. The drug store in Topeka has a sign out front that they still require masks even though the state mandate has expired. Only ones wearing a mask around here are virtue signalling, its so amusing seeing someone driving alone in their car with a mask on.

Not responding to my voice mail is viewed as an attempt to withhold relevant facts that would sway my decision to attend or not attend is no different than telling a lie.

K0UO likes this.
  9. VE3GCX

VE3GCX Ham Member QRZ Page

I believe, though I maybe wrong that, he is obliquely referring one of the two major US political parties. One identifies with the colour blue ,the other with the colour red. I'll let you sort out which is which.

Also my opinion..... if wearing a mask restricts breathing, attending events that require mild physical exertion with or without a mask is not a good idea, stay home.

K0UO likes this.
  10. KC1HLU

KC1HLU Ham Member QRZ Page

Not so simple. I was sitting for an hour or so in the waiting room of a hospital (masks required) while my Wife was undergoing a routine test. I also found it difficult to breathe, plus it fogs up my glasses as well. Fact is that the mask means that you inhale a fair amount of the CO2 that you exhaled and does indeed have a negative impact on at least some people. I have no breathing problems when unmasked, so it isn't a medical condition. Like the OP, I have no desire to go anyplace where I need to wear a mask, unless absolutely essential (medical facilities and only when super important, not for anything routine that can wait another year). YMMV

N8AFT and WF9Q like this.