ad: expert-3

Question For Real Business Employers - " Go To School In Your Pajamas ! "

Discussion in 'Survey Center' started by W2BBQ, Apr 27, 2011.

?

A Degree From An Online University Has/Is/Gets

1. Very Good Value and Importantance

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Some Possible Value and Importance

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Gonna Have A Long Talk With Applicant

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. Will Consider On Individual Merits

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. Admire The Hutspah of it All

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Dissmissed Outright

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  7. Thanks For The Bellylaughs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: l-rl
ad: l-BCInc
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KB9BVN

KB9BVN Ham Member QRZ Page

Indiana University has offered 2yr and 4 yr undergrad degrees via 100% distance learning for over 15 years. So have University of Mississippi, Western Kentucky U and University of Maryland. I take online classes from Ivy Technical Community College of Indiana all the time to keep up on Cisco, Microsoft, and other computer stuff....they're cheaper, and I can do it when I have the time.

2. WA4OTD

WA4OTD Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, that is good way to do it. I audited Purdue engineering courses 20 years ago at RCA without leaving my office in Indy.

I was thinking of the new WGU university created by Gov Daniels.
    http://indiana.wgu.edu/?&s_kwcid=TC...b|6750510150&gclid=CJjG-uewvqgCFQQbKgod9SN0tQ

100% on line university. I don't understand how that works but should be more affordable.

3. WA4OTD

WA4OTD Ham Member QRZ Page

To your question, interviewing engineers I won't consider someone unless they are from known school. There are lots available from good schools with good grades, level headed, and everything. The caliber of available candidates is very good. I don't think Electrical Engineers is high on the pajama university degrees. I have to say with ~1000 engineers at RCA/Thomson I don't remember a single University of Phoenix grad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.