QUESTION ABOUT SELLING FOR THE MODS

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by N3AB, Feb 26, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. N3AB

N3AB Subscriber QRZ Page

Quick question....I came across two unneeded Astron power supplies that are both in sealed boxes. Is it OK to list these with photos of their sealed boxes, or would I need to take them out of their cartons? One will sell for less than $100, the other will go for a bit more. Thanks guys!

John N3AB

2. KN7S

KN7S Swapmeet Moderator Emeritus Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi John,
    I do not understand the mentality of not opening up the box. If someone shows only a box claiming that there is a new product inside, I personally get suspicious. The last couple of these that I have seen on Swapmeet show a box that had at one point been opened and re-sealed with tape. Why didn't the seller remove the product to take a pic and re-seal it again? Laziness perhaps?
    Any item offered for $100 or less does not require a photo. Over $100 through $250 does require a photo of the actual item out of the box. Any for sale item over $250 requires not only a photo of the actual item but your call sign must be in the same photo with the item for sale.

3. N3AB

N3AB Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for the info, Dave. I asked because years ago, I had a buyer whine that the radio wasn't "brand new" as someone opened the box (me).

I agree with you. I would like to see the item. On "another site", I won't even respond to sale items that have no picture.

I'll be more than happy to open the box to show the item. Buyer doesn't like it? I'll just move to the next guy.

Thanks again for the help.

73, John N3AB