Question about ad

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by KA2FIR, Mar 24, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi,

I reported this ad but the moderator said it meets the rules. There is no callsign next to the IC-7000. Am I missing something?

The price is $875 "free shipping."

From the rules:

If the item being offered is valued at more than $250.00 then the sellers callsign must appear in at least one photo, set and taken alongside the item offered for sale. Handwritten callsigns are preferred. Callsigns which are digitally superimposed (photoshopped) onto the picture are not allowed.

The ad has 4 pictures, IC-7000, DC PS cable, manual and back of radio showing SN. Only the pictures with the cable and manual have the callsign. The item that's forsale is the IC-7000 not the cable or manual. Shouldn't that be the photo required to have the callsign?

Please advise.

Mike

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/icom-ic-7000.587931/

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  2. AB3TQ

AB3TQ Subscriber QRZ Page

That sounds like a very bad interpretation of the rule.

Last week I reported what I feel was a detailed software piracy workaround for a specific radio (but I have no idea if those instructions actually work). Supposedly you download the software for free, and then the workaround makes it work without using the specific anti piracy cable.

Crickets, and the post was not removed. Thanks for reminding me that I want to ask the vendor what they think about that.

3. WG7X

WG7X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You guys are wrapped too tight. Simple answer: if in doubt, refrain from buying.

Is it really that hard to figure out?

N3AB, KN7S and K7MH like this.
  4. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe it's $875 for the power cable and manual. The picture of the rig is just a visual reference for what the power cable and manual are for. :D

5. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

One doesn't have to buy something to question/report an ad.

N3AB likes this.
  6. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

That pretty much says it all. The moderator has the final say.

N3AB and KN7S like this.