ad: Schulman-1

QST Winnebago County Illinios Hams

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KC9DNN, Oct 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KC9DNN

KC9DNN Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello, This is the New Elected Vice President To The Rockford Amateur Radio Association. I am KC9DNN, General class, and a Ham for only a coulpe of years. I recommend that all Hams in the area come and join RARA this year. You can look us up at rara.tripod.com or our brand new site www.w9axd.com .
    We are expecting a lot of great things to happen this year, and we would all love it if you would come and join. We have a meeting at the St. Anthony's Hospital, close to Mulford & State St. on the 2nd. Fri of every month at 7pm. Gene Harlan (WB9MMM) is heading the Amateur Television Repeater ( which is up and running). Nick L. (KB9SKW) is heading up the Fox Hunt Group. We have had already 1 hunt and expect more soon. There is also Field Day, which is a blast. We also have our annual dinner & picnic.
    At each meeting we have the business portion, and we try to have a speaker each month to cover an exciting topic, and after the meeting we try to fellowship at one of the area resturaunts, and enjoy some food, and perhaps a beer.
    We welcome new Hams in the Area, as this is a really good way to learn a lot about this wonderful service/hobby. I joined RARA when I was a new Ham, and I have learded a lot of usefull information from my peers. I have also made a lot of meeningful friends Here. So I urge anybody who can come out to join. A lot of great changes has happened to make this one of the best Amateur Radio Clubs in the area.
    Being in this club also helps keep you on top of all of the latest threats to Amateur Radio, such as "B.P.L.," and "R.F.I.D." This gives you an oppertunity to be able know about these threats, and contact the appropiate officials, and let them now how you feel, and why they should act on such issues. Also I strongly urdge anyone who can to join ARRL. The American Radio Relay Legue is the only game in town trying to protect Amateur Radio, and they really need all of the help they can get.
    I hope to see each and everyone of you very soon. Even if you don't join, come down to the meeting, and check us out. I'm sure you will like what you see. As I have time I will try to email each of you. May God Bless.

Sincerly Yours, Timothy L. Petrson KC9DNN
    2005' RARA VicePresident
    www.rara.tripod.com
    www.w9axd.com [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.