QST archive on-line

Discussion in 'Homebrew and Kit Projects' started by WA9SVD, Sep 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

I haven't looked at all the articles available, nor do I have the ARRL's CD set of the QST archive.
    But the point IS well taken, that if the scanned images (whether .pdf or even jpeg or any other technology) are of low resolution as originally scanned, there's no technology (not even a magnifying glass) that will allow viewing or printing those images at a higher resolution. (So an old schematic with blurred component values will only provide blurred component values, no matter what.

2. WA7KKP

WA7KKP Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm not an ARRL member . . .

I guess I have to ante up. Or buy the CD-ROMS.

I'm only interested in some of the pre 1975 articles on some of the boatanchor equipment I have.

Gary WA7KKP

3. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

Try your local public (or academic) libraries. Many have QST subscriptions. They normally don't loan the issues, but you can photocopy articles.

4. W4KTL

W4KTL Ham Member QRZ Page

Really a great addition to the members only section. Just found an article from 1971 that I remembered reading when I was a kid, Fine Business Claude.

5. VA7AAX

VA7AAX Ham Member QRZ Page

qsl on that, My library has 1943 - present in hard copy of QST's. They also have all QST isues on microfiche.

6. W4HAY

W4HAY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've downloaded and printed several construction articles, some from the '20s and '30s, and all are perfectly useable. The text and schematics are readable, and the pictures are discernable enough to replicate the project.

The WW2 years are especially interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.