Qsomap.org crashed?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W6NYA, Feb 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
  1. W6NYA

W6NYA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Ive noticed the site crashed abt a week ago and it’s still down. Too bad if it is permanent, I really liked it.

2. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

Hmmm. That must be relatively recent. That's a cool site, too.

3. AE7LP

AE7LP Ham Member QRZ Page

Back up now.
    The reason is explained:
    "QSOMAP.ORG renewed while I was on vacation. My DOMAIN PROVIDER accidently reset the DNS to default values. Everything should be working again. Sorry for the inconvenience -- Mike N9MS"

N7ZAL, KF5RRF and KK5JY like this.
  4. N7ZAL

N7ZAL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Not familiar with it and wonder, what and how is it used? Just to log QSOs? Curious.

K1OIK likes this.
  5. N9MS

N9MS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

QSOMAP.ORG is used to place "pins" on a Google Map of your QSOs. You can see an example of a map at the bottom of my QRZ page. It also can be used to analyze your contest QSOs using its built-in Pivot Table function. -- N9MS

6. W6NYA

W6NYA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I got an email from Mike as well.
    So glad its back up and running.
    It plots your qso’s on a detailed world map based on qrz info. It allows you to manipulate the data in various ways.

Jim

7. N7ZAL

OK, thanks folks and doesn't look like anything I could use.

K1OIK likes this.
  8. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Anybody but you guys CARE?

9. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I just logged in (searched my callsign anyway) and it shows "recent contacts" for a bunch of places I've not worked in the last year, on modes I haven't used in months (remember? just completing a big move "going up the country") - I barely have any HF antennas at this time - and I'm NOT on the air working DX on SSB!!! I've not transmitted in months other than a few FT8 contacts at the new place. NONE on CW or SSB until I get a decent antenna or two.

Not impressed with whatever algorithm their system uses - but from at least my own experience, it's NOT very accurate

Dave
    W7UUU

K1OIK likes this.
  10. N7ZAL

I'm sure you are probably correct Dave, but could be a "bootlegger" out there?