ad: ProAudio-1

QSO Today with Quin Schultze, K8QS

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by 4Z1UG, Jan 15, 2023.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. DO1FER

DO1FER Ham Member QRZ Page

Quin, thanks for your explanation in these matters. I never looked from this side like you. But sometimes there are groups which are getting forced to stay alive. I dont know why? And when these are recognized groups in general benefits for decades, nobody asks anymore. But these groups changed. I dont want to talk about the name, I think you know who about I talk. And when these groups are out for to take the strength of the past, although the topic for what they stands for got harmonized, it is really questionable why they got so much support anymore. Often I see that frauds are working for their own self-intrests, to hold the past in a modern way. And hamradio cant stand this, it will go down with these forced groups in different places. Because to standstill is againt nature and will get punished. At next hamradio should be an exchange without any kind of group pressure and exclusions.

Cornelius - DO1FER

2. K8QS

K8QS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Cornelius --

Grateful, interesting, and engaging people attract audiences -- and often others wish to be like them, to imitate them. Each of us needs to be such an ambassador for amateur radio. The best of the past is wonderful. Tastes of the future are wonderful. Our tasks include identifying and modeling both. Here is a theological parallel from a famous theologian: we have to differentiate between "traditionalism" (the dead faith of the living) and "tradition" (the living faith of the dead). Our hobby needs to maintain and adapt the living tradition and avoid deadening traditionalism -- and not just in technology, but in how we communicate the hobby to ourselves and to future generations.

73, Quin

3. K8MH

K8MH Ham Member QRZ Page

Quin is a stand up feller, I met him personally. The Alpha is still running strong Quin , hope all is well on your end.

73's
    -marc
    K8MH

4. ZL2VTH

ZL2VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

First podcast of any nature that I have ever listened to and I found it extremely interesting. Ham radio is something that I have skirted around the edges of most of my life but have only just been able to start indulging in with retirement. I have been given an entirely different perspective of the hobby that I am immersing myself in. Listening to the podcast was time well spent. Thank you to Eric and Quin for bringing it to us.

73's
    Phil
    ZL2VTH

5. DO1FER

DO1FER Ham Member QRZ Page

Quin,

what you wrote is right. But there is the need of a constant balance, which is here local out of control. Different bands reached a dead end since some years. Repeaters die down in course of unlikely behave and regional claims. All in all a situation which dont calm down. And to have a relative quiet and civil QSO, I had to change to the digital side and often to leave the homecountry. Thats why I prefer the AmericaLink and others with Pi-Star. Ok, I am not so often QRV, but this cant change it. And when I met some other interior OMs far away, that bad game begin to start again, because I never joined their society. But in this case its just only, that they want to make some nonsense. And want to show that they are the best and always top-notch.

73, Cornelius

6. K8QS

K8QS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks so much for your kind words, Phil. If you have time, take a look at some of the videos in my co-hosted "Ham Radio Perspectives" series. 73, Quin

7. KC5GOI

KC5GOI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you Quin. I hit 29 years this May. NPOTA and POTA spurred me back into activity after being less active for a while. I had been the ARES EC for Denton County Texas for over 15 years before stepping back due to life and feeling like it was time for someone new. I like to elmer others hams when I have the time. Portable HF, APRS, antennas, and fox hunting are the areas I am still mainly active in. Denton County ARES gets my support as needed in SAR and Skywarn.

Guy