ad: HamHats-1

QSO Today with Patrick Stoddard WD9EWK

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by 4Z1UG, Feb 14, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. 4Z1UG

4Z1UG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

upload_2021-2-14_10-28-24.png
    Patrick Stoddard, WD9EWK, is best known for his satelite QSOs using portable gear from grid squares all over the World. He documents and captures many of his contacts and the equipment that he uses on his website and YouTube Channel. WD9EWK is a recent addition to the AMSAT board of directors and is my QSO Today.

AD7DB, JF1IRQ, KS1G and 4 others like this.
  2. WA8ZID

WA8ZID Ham Member QRZ Page

If there was one ham I'd suggest you have on QSO Today, it would be Patrick. He spoke to our local club in January 2020 and got me interested in satellites. A year later I have VUCC Satellite with 176 confirmed grids.
    I'll listen shortly and see if he tells me even more I didn't know on satellites.
    Rusty. WA8ZID

N7BBS, CO8TW, AD7DB and 4 others like this.
  3. N6ELF

N6ELF Ham Member QRZ Page

That's pretty crazy, I've made several contacts with Patrick on the bird, but didn't know that he had a podcast going. Very cool!

KS1G, W5NYV and WD9EWK like this.
  4. W5NYV

W5NYV Ham Member QRZ Page

Outstanding!

It's been a real honor to get to know and work with Patrick over the past two years on a wide variety of volunteer work in amateur satellites. I look forward to many more years to come.

KS1G, WE4B and WD9EWK like this.
  5. COLLINS547

COLLINS547 QRZ Member

A debt of gratitude is in order for Sharing data.

6. KS1G

KS1G Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Great interview, Patrick!

WD9EWK likes this.
  7. WD9EWK

WD9EWK Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks, Steve!

KS1G likes this.
  8. COLLINS547

COLLINS547 QRZ Member

Honor to become acquainted with and work with Patrick in the course of recent years on a wide assortment of humanitarian effort in novice satellites. I anticipate a lot more years to come garageband.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
  9. COLLINS547

COLLINS547 QRZ Member

10. N5AQM

N5AQM Ham Member QRZ Page

Patrick was my very first contact on AO91 or 92( don't remember which one) and have worked him numerous times since from various grid squares. Was running a FT-60 into an ELK Log dual bander and only had half duplex and wasn't sure I was being heard. Have also chatted with him at several hamfests. A real Gentleman!

WD9EWK likes this.
  11. WD9EWK

WD9EWK Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks, Mike!