ad: elecraft

QSO Today Virtual Ham Expo is a Social Event

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by 4Z1UG, Mar 20, 2023.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. 4Z1UG

4Z1UG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

upload_2023-3-20_20-34-0.png

Discover the social side of the QSO Today Virtual Ham Expo! Not
    only does the event offer over 40 top-notch ham radio presentations,
    but it's also a social gathering. The Expo will kick off on March 24,
    2023, at 1800 PDT and will remain open for 48 hours straight. There's
    no need to worry about missing out on any presentations, as the
    RoundTable Lounge and person-to-person interactions will be open for
    the duration of the event. Whether you're an early riser on the East
    Coast or a night owl, you can join your friends and make new
    acquaintances at any time.

Our RoundTable Lounge boasts tables organized by sponsor, speaker,
    amateur radio subject, or just for a casual chat. So come on over and
    connect with like-minded enthusiasts from across the globe. Don't miss
    out on this exciting opportunity to learn, socialize, and expand your
    network.

Visit https://qsotoday.vfairs.com/en/registration-form to register now

W6QY, KR1ST, K9ATS and 2 others like this.
  2. W7DGJ

W7DGJ Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Looking forward to this one, Eric! I hope that all the sub-hobbies have this interesting "networking table" approach! See you on Saturday. Dave, W7DGJ

VA2SS likes this.
  3. DL4AD

DL4AD Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm happy for all the hams that are getting to go to Friedrichshafen, Dayton and other big in-person conventions again, but as the mom of someone a bit too young for even the kids' events (and who can wreck a hotel room like a rock star), I'm glad that online/online-centric events are still going on.

Just bought my ticket!

GM4JPZ, K3DFD, 4Z1UG and 3 others like this.
  4. K9ATS

K9ATS Ham Member QRZ Page

Just got my ticket too. So far I've attended a few local hamfests, and looking forward to this event.

GM4JPZ and W7DGJ like this.
  5. K3DFD

K3DFD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Still can't get into the whole virtual stuff. Nothing wrong with it. The future is now as they say. I show up at Hamcation in the flesh ;)

KC7ZXY likes this.
  6. W7DGJ

That's fine, Hamcation (and Hamvention!) are great, but I'd seriously consider QSO Today, because it is just SO MUCH information all in one. While I always have fun watching a couple of presentations on the QSO Today weekend, my real enjoyment (worth so much more than the $15 invested) comes later, when Eric has all the material for you to look at (generally about a week later). You have this literally HUGE number of quality talks about every facet of ham radio -- so worthwhile! Don't fret the "virtual" tag here, because it's just a place to find quality material about your hobby interests. The material is MUCH better and so much more valuable than the zillion ham "YouTubers" who populate YouTube. Dave, W7DGJ

4Z1UG likes this.
  7. K3DFD

K3DFD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well if anyone can convince me to give it a whirl, it's you. So maybe I'll spring the $15 out of the moth-eaten wallet and check it out. Thanks!

8. W7DGJ

Hi David (and Ernie) That's one heck of a nice comment --made my day! By the way, I did enjoy your recent YouTube about Hamcation. Seems like some of the best things in life DON'T change, eh? Dave, W7DGJ

K3DFD likes this.
  9. KR1ST

KR1ST Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I registered a day or two ago and I'm really looking forward to experience how you put such an event online. It's a great opportunity to attend presentations that may otherwise not be available in my neck of the woods. It saves on travel and lodging, and I have access to all the creature comforts I need, right here in my home. :) Thanks for organizing this!

W7DGJ likes this.