ad: M2Ant-1

QSO Today Interviews Ralph Haller N4RH

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by 4Z1UG, Nov 23, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. 4Z1UG

4Z1UG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

ralph.jpg
    Ralph Haller, N4RH, became an amateur radio operator at age 9. His career path led him to the FCC where he served as a Public Radio Bureau Chief, directing the regulatory development of PCS and Cellular as well as the FCC's Part 90 rules and regulations that remain in effect today, including vanity call signs and the elimination of Morse code requirement . N4RH shares his ham radio story in this QSO Today.

K7HVY and K0UO like this.
  2. K6MFW

K6MFW Ham Member QRZ Page

I met him in early 2000s at IWCE in Las Vegas, I remember much of discussion among Part 90 people was Nextel 800 MHz interference along with other stuff of interoperability and ongoing challenges of coordination. Mr. Haller was part of a series with different presenters. I remember one, more of a marketing sales type guy remarked about Haller "I can't stand that guy!" and gave his reasons. Later I asked Haller about this, he calmly replied, "he's wrong" and gave brief explanation. I can't remember specific topic but I found it interesting to meet him and a couple others that worked in the FCC.