ad: ProAudio-1

QSO Today interviews Hal Turley, W8HC, of the 3Y0Z Bouvet team

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by 4Z1UG, Jan 26, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. 4Z1UG

4Z1UG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

NU4R likes this.
  2. KZ3K

KZ3K Ham Member QRZ Page

Thrilling! Fascinating! Have fun and be safe!

3. KW0U

KW0U Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow, what a great interview. Having just come back from a pretty easy trip to Antarctica. (Small ship from Ushuaia, Zodiac landings as far as 65 South) I have some idea of just how rough this can be. Even on our vessel several people were banged up when the ship rolled around in the Drake Strait. And when we got to the peninsular it was wildly beautiful but there was no help if anyone had been really hurt. To take 9 days to get to this incredibly remote spot of land and stay on the ice for two weeks.... Iron Man hams for sure. My respect and thanks to them.

N4FZ likes this.
  4. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

WELL, AS EVERYBODY SHOULD "KNOW" BY NOW THE 3Y0Z SHINDIG HAS BEEN A B O R T E D AS OF EARLIER TODAY!!! BAD FREAK'N WX AND ENGINE PROBLEMS HAVE "DEEP-SIXED" THE AMATEUR RADIO ADVENTURE OF A "LIFE-TIME"!!! WHADDA BUMMER!!! I AS MANY OTHERS HAD CONTRIBUTED MANY $$$$ TO THE ENDEAVOR EARLIER ON, BUT IF THEY PLAN ON TRYING AGAIN I'M SURE LIKE HOW I FEEL RIGHT NOW THEY CAN KEEP OUR $$$$ AND TRY AGAIN WHENEVER!!!

WHADDA YOU THINK GUYS???

N4FZ likes this.
  5. PA1AT

PA1AT Ham Member QRZ Page

Very sad, but come save back guys! Regards PA0U.

6. N7XCZ

N7XCZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes we all are bummed, but they are safe and that is really what is critical here. I can only imagine what journey they must have gone through just to attempt such an endeavor! To see the destination and not be able to setup must have been heart wrenching as a Amateur Radio Op, and all the the Money spent and time away from Home and Family as well would very disappointing. I have nothing but Respect for these people and their effort to make our lives a more memorable by going out of their way to help Amateur Radio Operators all over the world fulfill a quest or Dream or ATNO whatever you want to call it. (Personal side note) I could not wait to hear that pile up
    it was going to be Epic I'm sure Hi Hi. But as luck would have it my main rig went belly up the same day go figure? (again a personal sidenote note) I sure would have whined if they would have been able to make it happen. Hats off to you 3Y0Z you are the stuff Ham dreams are made of 73's and look forward to working you because I am sure you are going to try again because that's what Amateur Radio operator's Do!!!