ad: Radclub22-1

QSO Relay Software - JTAlertX 2.9.x link to Ham Radio Deluxe 6.x Logbook

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Deluxe - HRD' started by VK2RT, May 2, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
  1. VK2RT

VK2RT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Since Laurie, who developed JTAlertX, announced that support for Ham Radio Deluxe (HRD) Logbook v6.x would no longer be available beginning with JTAlertX version 2.9.0., a group of amateurs who wanted to maintain this link between the latest versions of JTAlertX and HRD, decided to develop an application to achieve this end. The software was designed and developed by Chris VK2BYI who some of you may know, developed and designed FTRestore for managing menus and memories for the FT-991, FT991A, FTdx1200 and FTdx3000 radios. Our group have no bias either way with Laurie's decision to drop this support, we only want to maintain the link.

JTAlertX adds significant functionality with audio and visual alerts for WSJT-X (and JT65-HF etc) and now with QSO Relay we are able to keep using the latest JTAlertX application (2.9+) in conjunction with the latest Ham Radio Deluxe software (6.4+).

QSO Relay is a Windows desktop application that runs as a System Tray application that listens for contacts being forwarded from WSJT-X and JTAlertX via the User Datagram Protocol (UDP). As datagrams are received, they are logged locally in a SQLite database and then relayed via Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) to a Ham Radio Deluxe Logbook v6.x database.

QSO Relay was developed as a proxy application that interacts with JTAlertX the same way as one of the alternate logging applications supported by JTAlertX – Log4OM. This allows JTAlertX to verify that that QSO has been logged by querying the SQLite database, before the contact is relayed to the HRD Logbook database.

As confirmations of contacts are subsequently received from various sources such as LoTW, eQSL.cc and QSL Cards, the corresponding rows in the HRD Logbook database are updated. QSO Relay has a feature whereby contact confirmations in the HRD Logbook database can be made to the QSO relay database as well. This synchronisation process is requested by selecting a QSO Relay menu item.

This in turn should be followed by a ‘Scan Log and Update…’ in JTAlertX to update its Wanted Alert requirements.

Features
    • Runs as a minimised application with an icon in the System Tray.
    • Works with HRD Logbook v6.x with full support for logbooks hosted on the following database platforms:
      • Microsoft Access (Standard Jet Database *.mdb files);
      • Microsoft SQL Server;
      • Oracle MySQL Server.
    • Synchronisation between the HRD Logbook database and the QSO Relay database can be triggered when desired to ensure updates are replicated back to QSO Relay.

I have been part of the testing team and have been using this application for some time now with complete success. I recommend this application to those who wish to keep using the latest Ham Radio Deluxe with the latest JTAlertX.

The software is available at http://www.vk2byi.com.au/qsorelay/. As well as downloading the software, please ensure that you download and read the associated documentation.

The following link will take you to the VK2BYI-QSO Relay Forum where support will be available: https://groups.io/g/vk2byi-qsorelay/

I recommend that you join this Forum in order to keep up to date with any software changes and maybe provide constructive feedback, this will be the sole source for software update information and software support.

DE Bruce
    VK2RT

2. K3DCW

K3DCW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

A very nice tool, working well here with my Windows setup.

3. W6IR

W6IR Ham Member QRZ Page

Glad to get back to only 1 logbook. As a bonus I had switched my JT logging to Log4OM so the database was already populated.

4. VK2RT

Please be advised that a new release of QSO Relay (Version 1.2) is now available at http://www.vk2byi.com.au/qsorelay/

We wish to thank all users for their positive feedback and patience in working with us to resolve some of the issues experienced.

Release Notes for Version 1.2

• Improved Database Synchronisation performance;
    • Added Database Synchronisation reports to users “Documents\QSORelay” folder;
    • Added caching of contacts that could not be relayed to HRD Logbook, to allow relay during a subsequent database synchronisation;
    • Improved message description on unique constraint violation exceptions;
    • Floating point values in float columns that should only contain integer values, are converted to integers;
    • Added row count to Delete Contact dialog caption bar;
    • Added QsoDate and Call search feature to Delete Contact dialog;
    • Added multiple attempts to check contact has been successfully logged in HRD Logbook;
    • Added support for different decimal place characters for different cultures;
    • Added support to convert invalid floating point values to integers values;
    • Added diagnostic tracing statements that can be captured to a session log file;
    Please ensure that you download and read the new documentation.

If you are in need of a more detailed explanation on how to correctly configure QSO Relay when HRD Logbook is using a Microsoft Access (.mdb) database, we have added a new document called "Configuring QSO Relay for Microsoft Access Databases".

QSO Relay users, please spread the word...

DE Bruce
    VK2RT

5. SV8JNL

SV8JNL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello i have a problem with qso relay ...when i try to sync sais that i have dublicate cantact..please any way tofind them?

6. VK2RT

Your Sync Report is located in Documents/QSORelay dups are shown there.

For support please use the QSO Relay Groups.io Forum.

DE Bruce
    VK2RT

7. SV8JNL

SV8JNL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

OK thanx i want to know if its a prolem for the connection between qso relay jt alert and hrd that the ip server of hrd runs in 192.168.10.10 and not in 127.0.0.1...how i can change it?

8. VK2RT

For support please join the QSO Relay Groups.io Forum

DE Bruce
    VK2RT