ad: w5yi

QSO party question

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by KI4ODO, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KI4ODO

KI4ODO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

A week or so ago I worked many stations in the NC qso party on CW. Thy wanted my county. And we sent signal reports and thank you's as well. When I was listening to the VA qso party this weekend however they wanted a number. They would send either NR? or UR NR??. What was the number they were looking for? How many stations worked? I really didn't know because I'm not actually in the contest, I just like to work others to help them out. Anyone know what they were asking for??

2. WD6S

WD6S Ham Member QRZ Page

The sequence number was the number of Va QSO party stations you had worked. It does not matter if you are in the contest, they just needed a sequence number.

It was a little confusing because there was also a Russian QSO party and with some stations it was hard to determine in which a station was participating.

I just kept a hand list of the stations I contacted for each.
    Bob
    :D

3. K0CMH

K0CMH Ham Member QRZ Page

Each group sponsoring a contest will establish four things:

1. The modes to be used
    2. The frequencies to use
    3. The dates/times
    4. The exchange

Thee xchange is often a little different for many of the "parties" and "contests".

The ARRL web site offers a list of the the contests being held in each month, and the four pieces of informatino for each.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.