QSL via Bureau User Question in Addition to eQSL, LOTW, Mail

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by N1FF, Apr 5, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-assoc
  1. N1FF

N1FF Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You have questions in the "Update the basic callsign data (name, address email, etc.)"

eQSL? Yes No Do you accept QSL from eQSL.net?
    LOTW? Yes No Do you use ARRL's Logbook of the World (LOTW)?
    Mail QSL? Yes No Do you send QSL Cards by postal mail?

It would be terrific if you allowed your users to at least give the answer Yes or No as to whether they use the bureau. This would be very helpful for me to determine whether a foreign station would accept bureau cards.

2. PD5SJO

PD5SJO Ham Member Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Hello,

I've send your idea to Head Quarters. Now we have the option "QSL info" to tell people: Via bureau etc.
    I think it's a good idea.

3. DL2BFK

DL2BFK Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah... It's fine to use the option "QSL Info"...

But the problem was and is: Many OMs/YLs ignore this special option or only repeat "QSL yes" or "QSL via...", but it's not visible if especially the bureau is possible for QSLing.
    I think it's more clear and suggest to add this option "Bureau-QSL: YES or NO" as further option nearby the other options as the forth one (directly under the other three options eqsl, LotW, mail-QSL)...
    The in the present possible option "Mail QSL", so the experience, is in the Yes-answer version interpretable both as "Direct via mail" and "Bureau via mail" and the user reading this doesn't know what's the real meaning...

So I'd be happy if a further update of the options would be possible...

73 de Bernie

Last edited: May 18, 2017 at 9:14 PM
  4. AA7BQ

AA7BQ Administrator Staff Member Administrator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

We've always allowed users to specify yes or no to these data items. The problem is that we can't force people to do it. Many users simply ignore the fields. Each item effectively has 3 answers, Yes, No, and Not Specified.