QSL case

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KB2COP, Jun 25, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. KB2COP

KB2COP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I recently (past six months) got back into HF and I’m starting to get QSL cards returned for the ones I’ve sent. I love that part of our hobby!
    Anyway, I’ve Googled this ad nauseam and just can’t find anything that fits my needs. I’m looking for a clear plastic case in which I can put dividers (both state and DX and yes, I know where I can buy them) that will also hold my cards. I know shoeboxes and cardboard boxes, sleeves, photo albums can all be used, but does anyone have an idea where I might find what I’m looking for?
    Thank you and -73- John, KB2COP

2. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Google "Postcard collector displays" - there are zillions of variations that you can find if you do some searching.

Good luck! I love QSL cards as well - have for my entire ham life

Dave
    W7UUU

3. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Me, too. I have too many thousands.

But I've found "used" metal drawer file boxes that are large enough for QSL cards (the ones for "index cards" usually aren't big enough). They're old, maybe from the 40s or 50s or something, but we have a local "used furniture dealer" that seems to have them. They'll hold about 1000 cards per drawer. You may have to make your own dividers, but I've found these for about $10 each.

I'm not sure what they were originally for! Maybe some kind of standard file cards used decades ago, and possibly even before my time. But they're good, strong, and all painted gray.:p