qsl cards

Discussion in 'Suggestions and New Feature Requests' started by VE3CGA, Jun 8, 2021.

ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. VE3CGA

VE3CGA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

After trying to do eqsl today and getting frustrated more than waiting/booking my 2nd covid shot
    I thought, why cant qrz add a table to allow qsl card images along with qsl confirmations.
    Users could have their own graphics and qso data could be imported from the confirmed logs into a standard table.
    It could be as automatic as the qso confirmations and they could be sent to your email address
    The database wouldnt actually store each qsl card but combine the qsl graphic with log data thats already there
    Seems simple to me since the (most excellent) logging system is already there as is the interfaces for picture uploading

I was using eqsl but then realized that I have more awards through here and with lotw so it makes sense to me that more of us use this than eqsl. Plus in my opinion their system is very intense to update and download qsls
    Most of the work is already automated here apart from uploading logs here or lotw

A genuis friend and myself did a similar thing with a parts database in visual foxpro decades ago

I think this sort of addition would be good for hams that are card collectors and possibly boost confirmations

2. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

QSL card images don't do anything for me.

W7UUU and K3XR like this.
  3. KG7WGX

KG7WGX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

An interesting idea, especially if the execution is better designed than eqsl.

I gave up on eqsl when I ran into the system's inability to gracefully handle different station locations, combined with elaborate start/end date requirements.

KK9W likes this.
  4. VE3CGA

VE3CGA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

well I think it would have to be faster since the confirmation system here is pretty automatic. It could automatically send a users qsl card in email or just point to where someone could download the filled cards from the confirmed data, perhaps another checkbox in our qrz logbook. Click on it to download the qsl card image. You could print it off or go to walmart photo or whereever you can print photos off.
    No mailing messes, fairly secure too

I was really bummed out the other day when I wasted so much time trying to match qsls and then trying to download the cards. The last straw was I wasnt even close to dxcc, was, vucc, grids, etc on eqsl where I have those and others here and with lotw

5. KK9W

KK9W Ham Member QRZ Page

Ain't that the truth! I tried correctly splitting my log as it is in LoTW for each different place we have lived. I hit wall after wall so I eventually just wiped the whole thing and quit using it.

KG7WGX likes this.
  6. K6DWI

K6DWI Ham Member QRZ Page

I have no problems with QRZ or Eqsl, QSL's are automatically matched in QRZ and Eqsl.
    Eqsl automatically notifies me via email when I have matching QSL's.
    I can download any/all QSL cards from Eqsl even though they are not needed they are fun to look at.
    I have more countries/states confirmed via Eqsl.
    I have more awards from Eqsl.
    All in all, makes no difference to me.