QSL Card: Should it reflect you or where you live?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KI5AAI, Sep 16, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. KI5AAI

KI5AAI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

QSL Card: Should it reflect you or where you live? I get lots of QSL cards from people and sometimes they are very personal. Pics of the family, the military service, or their Ham Shack.

Others seem to put a random image of the state or country they live in.

I love QSL cards and love each one I get. Just a curiosity question: Does your QSL card reflect more of who you are and what you have done or the current location you live at?

I actually have three different cards I send out.

2. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

It should provide the information necessary to provide confirmation.

Everything else is candy. Mine are just a basic outline of the state with a star showing my location.
    That said, I do appreciate good art

N6HCM, VK6APZ, K0UO and 2 others like this.
  3. KB9BVN

KB9BVN Ham Member QRZ Page

Mine has a picture of my QRP station sitting on my desk and the QSO info.

KI5AAI likes this.
  4. W0KDT

W0KDT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

5. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

QSL Card: Should it reflect you or where you live?

It should have sufficient information to confirm the contact. The rest of the QSL card is up to you, not others. Over the years the QSL cards received range from the very basic to the more elaborate. All are appreciated.

VK6APZ, K0UO, W5ESE and 1 other person like this.
  6. KI5AAI

KI5AAI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That is why I have two. One is basic I send to others because I think it is a nice thing to do. The other one is more details which I send to folks I might have a long rag chew with, especially if they were in the military or are runners (like marathons or ultra-marathons)

I think QSL cars should be sent more often, just because it is a nice way of saying : thanks for spending all of that money so I can talk to ya! LOL

N6HCM, K0UO, W5ESE and 1 other person like this.
  7. WW2E

WW2E Ham Member QRZ Page

It's all good, as long as it doesn't reflect your sports car. I don't understand people who put their sports car on a QSL card or on their qrz.com page.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    WN1MB and KI5AAI like this.
  8. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Folks are just showing a display of other interests they may have. I don't display it on my QSL or QRZ page but my sports car is a big summer interest of mine. For some, it may be pets, firearms, etc. For some, it's this...
    [​IMG]

W5ESE and KI5AAI like this.
  9. W4HWD

W4HWD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

If you want the other station to know who they worked it should include your callsign.

If someone is going for WAS it should include your state.

If someone is going for DXCC it should include your country or DX entity (those are NOT always the same thing).

If someone is hunting grid squares it should include your....er...grid square.

If you want a card in return your mailing address should be on there, along with a couple boxes markes QSL PSE or TNX (check one).

The signal report you sent should be on there.

The band and mode would be nice too.

The card should be standard 4x6, because I know from past experience that if you send cards through a bureau, they do not like big, outsized cards.

Card checkers like all the info to be on one side.

That's about it.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  10. KU4X

KU4X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Ask and you shall receive:

[​IMG]

Regards,
    -Bruce

K0UO, PU2OZT, W4IOA and 1 other person like this.