QRZers on the air

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by WB2WIK, Jul 20, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, I meant that we were close to his fabled early-career stomping grounds last weekend. First part of the vacation, we went to visit my Mom in her care home.

I don’t have any clue as to where he lives now.

2. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Nah, she’s onto me.

3. KM4ATT

KM4ATT Ham Member QRZ Page

It was a ton of fun! Mason was a great operator and he had the most QSOs by the end of the week.

https://dx-world.net/video-pj2y-youth-dxpedition-to-curacao/

KJ4VTH and N2EY like this.
  4. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice video, thanks for posting!

5. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't, either.

I used to see Springsteen and the E-Street band play "for free" on the boardwalk in Asbury Park. Then, inside at the Stone Pony.

They were all very talented, but Max was kind of my hero for some reason and I don't play drums. I used to tell my girlfriend, "See -- this is a small Jewish guy who will be famous!" -- and he actually did become famous. But I still can't play drums.:p

N2EY likes this.
  6. W4ZD

W4ZD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This is a really cool thread, one of the best I've ever read here. Keep it up guys, it's good! :)

KM4SII likes this.
  7. K4AGO

K4AGO Ham Member QRZ Page

M
    I have had breakfast with Mason a few times. He and I are members of the same radio club. Mason is a brilliant young man and a real gentleman. Mason was 13 years old with his general ticket when I first met him. He is homeschooled. His mom does a great job of teaching him. Mason and those like him are the reason I think ham radio will be around for another ten thousand years. I am sure you will get a QSL from Mason.

KM4SII and N2EY like this.