QRZers on the air

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by WB2WIK, Jul 20, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I work quite a few of them, but just now worked Mason, KM4SII who is operating as PJ2Y in the Caribbean (20M SSB).

HUGE signal, he's doing a really good job. Go get 'im, hard to miss that signal.

K4AGO, N2EY, K9ASE and 1 other person like this.
  2. WA4KCN

WA4KCN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Steve, you and I have worked but it has been a number of years. Don’t keep a log since regulation was dropped. I do remember you committed that my signal was big and fat. Not wide but fat. I had just purchased a 7800 and was experimenting with the 2 channel EQ. Have not heard you since.

3. WB2WIK

I'm on the air almost every day, somewhere...but probably a bit more CW than phone.

I'll find you!

WA4KCN likes this.
  4. WZ7U

WZ7U Subscriber QRZ Page

I looked for Mason, but didn't hear PJ2Y on 20 or 40 according to the spots. My locality/antenna sucks that way. :mad:

5. WB2WIK

I don't use "spots," but I'm surprised if PJ2Y wasn't spotted an hour ago or so...Mason was running them at a few a minute and made a lot of contacts.

He may be QRT now, as I am. Scroll "back" in time and I'd bet he's listed.

I'm wide open to ESE (Caribbean) and he was very strong...honest S9+20-30 dB.

6. K2CD

K2CD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

He's still on at 0110z - 14.243 and there's another young PJ2Y op on 7.193 at 0113z punching great big holes in the ether.

7. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Operating QRP portable today if you want to try...

IMAG0927.jpg

battery setup.jpg

Listening on 28.365

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
    N2EY and K6CLS like this.
  8. K4KYV

K4KYV Subscriber QRZ Page

I rarely hear any, except for some the guys on the AM forum.

9. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

There's in fact now an award here for working other QRZ members :) I have well over a thousand in the QRZ log - but many users have a lot more than that!

Dave
    W7UUU

upload_2018-7-20_10-23-44.png

upload_2018-7-20_10-22-23.png

10. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm "working" on a keyer app for Android today to make it simpler for me to work CW and RTTY stations while mobile/portable.

So this is the only "band" where anybody is going to find me until that project is done. :cool: