ad: chuckmartin

QRZCQ.com

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by AF7XI, Dec 27, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
  1. AF7XI

AF7XI Ham Member QRZ Page

Is QRZCQ.com in any way related to this site? I received an email today from QRZCQ.com stating that I didn't yet have a logbook with them but that other hams had logged QSOs with me there.

The site looks legit enough but I hadn't heard of it yet. Any experiences with it?

2. AA8TA

AA8TA Ham Member QRZ Page

There are a few touchy subjects around here and this is one of them. Do a search on the subject and you should get your answer.

AF7XI, KI5WW and N2ADV like this.
  3. N9NAY

N9NAY Ham Member QRZ Page

Never heard of it....went there just now. Closed the tab after only about 10 seconds because my eyes hurt from the obnoxious colors they are using. This is the 21st century internet...if you want to keep visitors, you need at least a little bit of graphic design knowledge.

Looks like a 1996 Geocities page.

4. AF7XI

AF7XI Ham Member QRZ Page

I'd say there are more than a few touchy subjects around here! :)

In searching the forums about QRZCQ, it seems like a "YMMV/proceed at your own discretion" consensus. Meaning I'm not reading any conclusive consensus. Nothing seems completely amiss about them other than one's legitimate opposition to SPAM of any kind (I'm in that category). They solicited me at an email address I have associated with another ham radio site (not QRZ.com) so they've likely moved on to poaching other sites' databases.

I haven't gone through their site with a fine tooth comb. It looks dated with some interesting information. Perhaps a secondary visit alternative to QRZ or the other ham related sites. But I won't create an account with them.

5. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

That site was put together by someone that thinks they are smarter than Fred and the QRZ team.

WA9SVD likes this.
  6. KD0CAC

KD0CAC Ham Member QRZ Page

I found pirates there , both using my call sign & selling stuff on that site .
    I refuse to go there now .

AF7XI likes this.
  7. KA9JLM

That is not good.

[​IMG]

8. AE7RZ

AE7RZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I call B.S. !
    You cannot sell anything on their site without a premium subscription.
    There is NOTHING wrong with QRZCQ.com
    Just another ham radio website that's all.
    They are compatible with many logging programs like;
    "XML API access for automated lookup, currently we are supported by
    Log4OM, UcxLog, Winlog32, Logger32 and MacLoggerDX"

upload_2016-12-28_9-16-37.png

K4PIH likes this.
  9. KA9JLM

I did get invites from them in emails wanting me to join.

They got my email address from QRZ, Because this is the only place it is posted.

That is great that it works for you.

Enjoy.

10. K4PIH

K4PIH Ham Member QRZ Page

Just another ham radio related site. They have some useful information. I signed up to receive their e-news letter and have had no problems with them. If QRZ doesn't like it, too bad.

It's nice to have some alternatives.

They can get your information from ULS.