QRZ XML Subscription

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by K3ROJ, Jun 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. K3ROJ

K3ROJ Ham Member QRZ Page

One of the best features of belonging to QRZ's XML service ($29.95 a month)is during contests or even general chatting since as soon as the stations call letters are entered in my nGENLOG program, their info pops upalong with their photo if they have one posted. I am anxious to see QRZ have their own awards program such as WAS and DXCC since the ARRL Log of the World is so complicated and unstable. I have WAS and DXCC worked many times but never got around to having ARRL honor them.

2. K8MCN

K8MCN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I think you mean $29.95 a year :p

3. WA8UEG

WA8UEG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am a bit amazed at the comments of how difficult logbook of the world is to use, not just you but many others feel the same way. I upload my log twice a week, it takes less than 2 minutes and I have never found it to be unstable. Anyone usig it has passed a Amateur radio exam presumably learning at least basic electronic theory, rules and regulations, etc. We can install antennas, properly ground our stations, put together a station capable of operating digital modes, use echolink, link repetars, connect tune and operate high power amplifiers, but can't figure out logbook of the world? Yes, it takes some effort to learn the steps and you need to upload a couple of times to get the knack of it but it is no big deal. Having said that I am looking forward to the new logbook on this sight for tracking the QRZ award programs and although I hope the paper QSL never goes away I do feel it is the future of confirming QSO's for awards.

4. KB8LFA

KB8LFA Ham Member QRZ Page

Many logbook programs now have a 1 click upload as well. I upload mine on a daily basis and it literally is 1 button click. I, of course, already have TQSL setup, but there again, it's easy. Generate a certificate request (fill in information about yourself). Upload it via the LotW website (you have to click browse, then know where you saved your certificate request). Then wait. Soon a reply will be available to download. Save it, and in TQSL, Open it. Viola, you're done. Now just click the button in your log program to upload/sync, that's it.

Jeremy

5. AE1PT

AE1PT Ham Member QRZ Page

How is it you figure that this 6 step process is one click? :p

And then later, don't I have to jump through some hoops to get paper QSL cards confirmed?

6. KB8LFA

KB8LFA Ham Member QRZ Page

The upload is 1 click. You only have to do the other 5 step process once, and it's very easy. After you have TQSL setup, it's just 1 click to upload/sync. That's what you really care about because you'll only do the setup once. Uploading/Syncing is what you do on a repetitive basis.

After my 1 click statement, I did say "I of course already have TQSL setup..."

Jeremy
    KB8LFA

7. WA8UEG

Same with Logger 32 that I use. Also, I don't believe paper QSL'ing and the hastle there of as changed in the 46 years I have been a ham, only the price of doing so has changed. Am I missing something?:confused:

8. AA6YQ

AA6YQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

DXLab has provided this capability for many years -- and does not require a paid QRZ subscription to accomplish it. If the user does have a paid XML subscription, the QSO is populated with callbook information more rapidly because there is no transmission or display of advertising.

Dave, AA6YQ

9. WA8UEG

Yea, Logger 32 allows that also but the QRZ subscription is soooooo much better.

10. K3ROJ

K3ROJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry, I meant $29.95 a year, not month.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.