ad: elecraft

QRZ Website Link Policy Update

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Aug 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. M0LEP

M0LEP Ham Member QRZ Page

...and, of course, Working + Fix = Broken so presumably someone's frantically trying to undo the mess, though I wouldn't be surprised to find the mess will have been complicated by folks trying to sort out the garbage in the links in their pages, as there seems to be some on-the-fly modification taking place between database and editor, or between editor and database, or maybe even both...

2. K8OI

K8OI QRZ Lifetime Member #60 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I was wondering why pics to my Picassa photos were not working... I'm still not sure why that should be a problem? Isn't that the point of being able to create a link or insert a picture like in the Biography editor page?

Jim

3. K2DSL

K2DSL Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

It's an issue with the site right now and once corrected all your pics will return.

4. K8SI

K8SI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

What about the embedded links in my QRZ page that show my on-line HRDLog and my flag counter? Those are now broken...

5. K2DSL

K2DSL Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Any link appears to be broken right now. If you mouse over it you'll see that www.qrz.com/ is appended to the front of it. Once that is corrected, things should go back to normal.

6. M0LEP

M0LEP Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't think I'll hold my breath waiting for the fix, though... :rolleyes:

7. MM0IMC

MM0IMC Guest

It'll be nice when 'normal service resumes'...;)

8. K8OI

K8OI QRZ Lifetime Member #60 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the update :)
    Jim

9. DL6KVA

DL6KVA Ham Member QRZ Page

almost end of 2010 and NOT any solution for the problem?
    Looks like qrz.com crew ignores ALL people who wish to link to other sites / photo collections etc?

very strange .... time to delete every info :(

Axel

10. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder QRZ HQ Staff QRZ Page

Folks,

Please bear with me as I look into this. Right now I'm programming a whole new QRZ server and this time, I guarantee it will work. More details to come.

-fred

11. VE3NLP

VE3NLP Ham Member QRZ Page

Well I've been operating mobile, with no internet so I was using a database for callsign look ups. I put the logging software on the wifes computer for her and then found I had to make the "little" change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.