ad: ProAudio-1

QRZ Warned by the FCC

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Jul 10, 2008.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KD4AMG

KD4AMG Ham Member QRZ Page

You folks did notice that this occurs AFTER Mr. Riley retires... !! :(

2. N9MOQ

N9MOQ Guest

. .

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2009
  3. W4WKG

W4WKG Ham Member QRZ Page

I say when the FCC starts to inforce the CB bands then it may be OK to tell me what kind of rig I can buy and sell.

4. M0TTY

M0TTY Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi guys just thought i'd mention a few points.

1) Here in the uk radio's such as the rci 2950, lincoln, superstar are for sale legally under the cept agreement, as they're marketed as 10 mtr radio's, only becoming illegal if found to be modified.

2) The argument that your fcc presents seems a strange one, especially when you take into consideration how easy or simple it is with some of our ham transceivers to put into ' general mode '.

3) It would seem marketing of ham equipment could come under the same scrutiny if measured against the fcc's point of view, as anyone can get hold ham equipment just as easily, but perhaps have the ability to do more harm than just a ' modified 10mtr rig '

In conclusion, it is the seller's & buyer's perogative to make sure the equipment is legal or not, and therfore determine wether to proceed with the sale, not QRZ.COM

5. K5FH

K5FH Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep, noticed that right off. Riley would probably have told the snitch to go pound sand, and the snitch knew it, which is why he waited until Riley left to start whining to Uncle Charlie.

The fact that this guy at the FCC (Riley's heir apparent, possibly?) responded negatively and said he would send it through channels bodes not well for the future of FCC/Amateur relations. Sounds like a typical LIFER (you military guys know what that means).

6. W4DXL

W4DXL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Banned Radios

This is simple, go after the posters not QRZ.

7. W0BKR

W0BKR Guest

Not surprised...

Is this the same FCC that put BPL into the field knowing what a farce it is and what an RFI nightmare it is?

I am not surprised. I can come up with a few callsigns of nitwits on here that love to cause problems for the amateur community and I have to wonder, why they ever bothered to be licensed?

Sales from individuals to individuals is no different then someone selling a rifle, shotgun, pistol, etc., to another individual. Think that info goes to the Feds?

How about used car sales between individuals?

Again, this is another stupid example of some jerks on here causing and loving to cause trouble for everyone, ruining the hobby and a licensing agency that has no interest in the well being of amateurs CONUS.

Where are the feds cleaning up 14.275, 75 meters, free banders, truckers? Far and few and inbetween.

Battle on Fred!

8. K8WPJ

K8WPJ Banned QRZ Page

Now who's sounding 'sanctimonious', I wonder....

Good luck with that one, Fred.

I'm betting any stick the FCC carries might be somewhat bigger than yours.

But hey, what the heck do I know?

Good luck, I am betting you'll need it.

9. KA3VSP

KA3VSP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

In today's world of everyone suing everyone else don't you think there is a possibility of a user including QRZ.com and it's owners in a lawsuit? Personally, I wouldn't take a chance.

Best,
    Brian

10. K2EZY

K2EZY Ham Member QRZ Page

I myself own a Uniden HR 2510 which I bought from a legit amateur radio dealer in the early 90's. Has not been modified in any way, and with it's 25 watt output I've worked eu from my mobile. I would never give mine up, as I bought it and it belongs to me. FCC/ Government agencies hands off my radio equip, or anything else that I own. NOT gonna happen!;)

11. N8NOE

N8NOE Ham Member QRZ Page

OK, Being a Big Cigar Fan, Let me make this one Simple..
    Cuban Cigars are against the Law in the US, Being a US Citizen, "YOU" are subject to the laws Here and by Smoking a Habana you are illegal. Being as close to the Canada border as I am, I can have a Habana in my hand in about 20min Purchased in VE3, but I'm still against the Law and can actually be cited for this.. Guess we don't have to understand, "Big Brother and the Holding Co." will do it for us!..

12. VE3MPH

VE3MPH Ham Member QRZ Page

I tryed to sell my HR-2600 on Ebay!!!

I have a HR-2600 that I put up on Ebay.CA not .com and they pulled it off of the site because they said it fell under the FCC's rules of "forbidden" radio's in the USA.
    I had it out with Ebay about this and I said how can the FCC a US company force US laws on people in Canada and when listing something for sale on Ebay.CA witch is a Canadain site how do they get there hands on it and say that it is not alowed to be sold on a Canadain site. Well ths didn't do any good they told me if I put it up for sale on any of the Ebay sites again that my account could be suspended. Well I didn't like what they said to me about that or that because they are in the USA all people have to go by US laws even if you live in Canada. I still have my account on there but I don't think I will be posting any thing for sale on the site anymore or if I do it wont be big stuff. After all I have seen these same radios sell on there and they didn't pull then but they pulled mine. I was not happy about this. I do look from time to time to see if there are any for sale on the site. As i just typed this I looked to see if there were any on there and their are none at this time.

13. K6CSL

K6CSL Ham Member QRZ Page

Please protect QRZ.com

Fred; Please, you have a very valuable asset in QRZ.com. It is used as a tool for the help and preservation of this hobby that we call Amateur Radio. I ask please that you not get yourself into what appears to be a "freedom of speech" issue with the government agency that facilitates our privileges. Please remember that Amateur Radio is a priviledge we have all earned through exams, certification, and development of our skills. It is not a right. As I read the law, congress, our representatives, have authorized the rules the FCC administers. They have deemed to ban the importation, and sale,(inclusive of advertising) these certain radios from the U.S. market. Just as the ATF bans the sale, or advertising of certain kinds of fire arms. It seems to me that it would be best to reject from your website equipment that is legally prohibited for sale or trade. Please don't risk your precious, valuable service to Amateur Radio, by getting into an adversarial relationship with the agency that administers your priviledges and ours. Respectfully, Bert, K6CSL

14. K5FH

K5FH Ham Member QRZ Page

I still have the Uniden HR-2600 I bought in 1990 (never modified, I hasten to add). My best DX with it was Italy which I worked while I was mobiling through Providence, RI, with a mismatched CB mag mount on the roof of my (dearly departed) Mazda truck.

Ahh, the good ol' days when sunspots were plentiful...

:D

15. W2FCP

W2FCP Ham Member QRZ Page

I have not read through all the pages of this thread but there is one item I can think of that would almost be parrallel to this. In 1995 I believe, the US Government banned the importation of Norinco MAK-90 rifles. The ban however did not make the rifles illegal to own or sell as long as it was imported prior to the ban date. I owned one, sold it to a gun store and then a few years later bought another one. I do not see how they can try to say that this website is breaking the law by allowing private individuals to sell these radios on the site forums.