QRZ Warned by the FCC

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: HRDLLC-2
  1. KB3LIX

KB3LIX Ham Member QRZ Page

I would be interested to see the response from someone higher up in the FCC chain of command.
    I think that hearing it from the horses mouth would be more appropriate.

I don't know that Field Offices can speak for the "Legal Eagles" at the commission. They should be the final word, not a field office.

By the way, I personally would not own one of those pieces of junk !!!!!

2. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you.

That pretty much sums it up.

No person - a person is a legal entity (a corporation) or an individual. Facilitation of the sale is equivalent.

Can we close the thread now?

3. W2JGA

W2JGA Ham Member QRZ Page

Might as well pull all the 706's from the market too. (insert other brands here)

706 is just as easy to modify for 11 meters as the RCI 2970 I'm sure. :rolleyes:

4. KG4ULT

KG4ULT Ham Member QRZ Page

First of all, the person who wrote such a letter to the FCC should be banned from participating on this forum in my opinion. He or she is just looking to stir up trouble. Who appointed him/her the radio police. I understand that these and other types are illegal in the U.S. Guess what people, if they dont buy them from others here in QRZ, they can well get them elsewhere. Its just like the drugs argument; no matter what anyone does the problem will never go away. The best we can do is not become one of the guilty ones in using these radios outside the amateur bands. It is that simple. Quit being so "thin skinned and sensitive" and leave people alone. I am not saying turn a blind away, just quit being such ninnies.

This site was made by amateurs for amateurs and those interested in the hobby, and that is all it is a website. You guys keep this garbage up and i wouldnt be surprised if the owner just dumps the site and leave us all out in the cold...that is what i would do.

Frank

5. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello, a field office is equivalent to the HQ office. A FCC agent in the field has the same enforcement power as the General Counsel in DC or Chairman Martin.

Are you saying that unless the word comes down from HQ, no administrative ruling is valid? Wow, tell that to the customs inspectors i deal with at U.S. ports on a daily basis.

6. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

And Eham or GhettoRadio would be ready to pick up the slack.

7. AC0HD

AC0HD Ham Member QRZ Page

Appears we may have unintentionally found the "helpful harry" a response or two back.

I think the initial write up by staff cover it rather well.

ac0hd

8. W2JGA

W2JGA Ham Member QRZ Page

And when does the FCC have the authority to restrict sales on anything? Doesn't the FTC or some 3 letter place have authority or something?

9. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

Congress empowers the FCC to regulate and restrict imports of goods that affect communications. Just like the FDA has the power to restrict imports of food products.

10. KG4KVZ

KG4KVZ Ham Member QRZ Page

11 meter HAM BAND

Lets take it back! FCC Give it back! Problem solved! Anyone caught operating without a HAM ticket goes to JAIL! Ham tickets now just glorified CB license anyway!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.