ad: Alphaant-1

QRZ Visit to DX Engineering

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Oct 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. VE3XA

VE3XA Ham Member QRZ Page

I bought a 3 element 40 meter beam from DX Engineering around 1985, it is still up and working well. As I recall the company then was 2 partners and I think the man I delt with was Bill Sadler and he had a K7 call.
    Don't hold me to any of those memories, it was a long time ago.
    Brian Biggings, VE3XA

2. W0ULF

W0ULF Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the info, Brian! I have a 6el 10m beam from DX from the early 90s that I believe came from them when they were based in Oregon, thus the K7 call. The note about the antenna from the '80s helps me out!

3. WB7X

WB7X Ham Member QRZ Page

DX and Summit are both great companies to deal with. Real time inventory on the website is a plus.

Just wish they would handle Yaesu.

4. VE3XA

VE3XA Ham Member QRZ Page

For the record I was troubled by my response to W0ULF, ( the memory thing as within minutes I start my 75 year) so dug out my old invoices.
    I bought the antenna on December 4, '91. One invoice is stamped 615 Spaulding Ave, Brownsville, OR., 97327 and the American Airlines shipping manifest says 221A Wallis, Eugene, OR., 97402. I presume they are like twin cities but really have no idea. The signator on the invoice is hard to read but is either Bill Sall or Bill Sale.
    I hope this helps with your DX Engineering history research, I have bought several items from the "new" DX Eng. and highly recommend them.
    Best Regards and cul de
    Brian VE3XA

5. K9SRV

K9SRV Ham Member QRZ Page

I believe both companies are owned by the same man. Coincidently, my 2 favorite hobbies {Excluding Guitar}, Ham Radio and NHRA Drag Racing are my 2 favorite ways to spend free time. I will say this. Summit puts 110% into the NHRA Teams they back. Namely, The Ken Black Owned Pro-Stock Team of Greg Anderson and Jason Line. It is a first class operation, and Greg, who missed the first 8 or 10 races of the season due to heart surgery, has come back this year and nearly made the top ten to qualify for the "Countdown to the Championship", despite missing so many races.
    As of now, it looks to be a battle between Erica Enders Stevens and Greg's Summit Racing Teamate, Jason Line... Summit also is an associate sponsor on many cars in many different divisions. They back Tim Wilkerson in Nitro Funny Car...

As far as DXE, I have purchased antenna making items, not really amounting to all that much money, but when I called and asked for tech and explained I only bought wire and LL, but had to move my 40 meter DEZ closer to the house, the guy whipped out his calculator and gave me a 4 foot range of 450 ohm that would be the easiest to tune with my Matchbox. If I had called FIRST, I would have saved a full day of screwing around with trying different lengths. BTW, their 300 ohm Twin Lead is friggin bullet proof!

John
    K9SRV

6. W9BEA

W9BEA Ham Member QRZ Page

A superb company. The folks at W9DXCC appreciate DX Engineering's kind generosity with their great door prizes.

Proud to be a DX Engineering customer!

73--Wally W9BEA

7. KE8EC

KE8EC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have ordered several items from DX Engineering. Very quick service and the "DX Bucks" are a nice incentive. I was amazed to find, though, that the DX Engineering brand of equipment was actually built there, not a foreign builder with the "DX" brand applied. Years ago I had purchased 383 striker parts from Summit and had great service from them as well. A pleasure to do business with.

8. AC7DX

AC7DX Guest

Contact Dick KO7N

9. AC7DX

AC7DX Guest

see KO7N one of the old owners

10. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

11. W0ULF

W0ULF Ham Member QRZ Page

Ron,

Thank you for the response! I really appreciate it. I hate to bother people by asking them questions about things like this - I'm mostly just a curious person who lives locally (Albany) that has been through Veneta and used to have friends in Brownsville who I visited quite a bit back in the '90s. I'm a bit of a local history buff. Maybe some day I'll drop Dick an email or see if I can't raise him on a local repeater or HF net.

Thanks again!

-W0ULF

12. AC7DX

AC7DX Guest

Also see http://hizantennas.com/index.htm

13. HK2LS

HK2LS Ham Member QRZ Page

I buy a lot of stuff from DXE and am quite pleased with their knowledge, product line and support. I love email support and while a ham, prefer email as everything is documented. 73s from Colombia HK2LS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.