QRZ Upload of QSO records to LOTW

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by KZ1F, May 24, 2020.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-3
  1. KZ1F

KZ1F Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

One think I very much like about QRZ logbook is its ability to upload records to LOTW. Unfortunately this is a manual process that is 2 step, upload logs to QRZ, go to QRZ and select log entries then perform Upload to LOTW action on the selected records. What I like is the graphical indication, black on green rather than black on white, that an entry exists in LOTW. I have an old, Feb '14, copy of the QRZ REST API, is there an API flag or action to tell QRZ to automatically upload to LOTW? In that way the two log sources will be in sych rather than the existing 2 step process of uploading to QRZ followed by uploading to LOTW, which would leave the QRZ log entries reflecting they do not exist in LOTW.

2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

In my case, I periodically have an ADIF file that contains new records that I wish to add to both LoTW and QRZ.

Step 1: Upload the API file directly to LoTW using TQSL
    Step 2: Import to QRZ; there is no need to upload the same records from QRZ to LoTW; they are already there.

In any case, a third step is desirable following acceptance by LoTW and that is to Download from LoTW in order to gain credit for LoTW confifrmations.

Last edited: May 24, 2020